三十

"Do you...wanna have some ice cream?" Well, of course, Jungkook wouldn't miss an opportunity to get some ice cream to break the ice and make everything right, and anyway, it would be too embarrassing to go empty-handed from the ice cream truck.

 It took a few moments for Taehyung to give his response in the form of a nod since he was still too shocked with whatever happened a while ago.

"I'll have a salted caramel with roasted almonds, what about you, Taehyung?" Jungkook asked as he turned around to look at Taehyung who still looked out of it but spoke his preference.

"A strawberry sorbet for me" He spoke aloofly. Well, this was making Jungkook more nervous than he was before when Taehyung was angry. After getting their ice creams, he handed Taehyung's to him and side-eyed him, who took it without saying anything.

"Was it too uncomfortable? Coming to a business meeting out of nowhere" Jungkook asked, breaking the silence as he stopped licking his ice cream to figure out Taehyung's expressions.

"Yeah, it was. Since I didn't know that your client is your friend" Taehyung senselessly spoke, making Jungkook feel bad for doing whatever he did.

This isn't the same Jungkook, who wouldn't even feel bad after almost threatening his friend to death just because he hugged him. Every little thing about Taehyung keeps him at the edge when he's with him and he never cared about it before, but now he wants Taehyung to see that he's actually a good guy.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I just wanted to melt the awkward silence between us away, but I think I ended building it up" Jungkook sighed, nibbling the ice cream cone between his teeth, an action showcasing his agitation.

Taehyung sighed as he stopped eating his ice cream and looked at Jungkook.

"I am sorry, I acted this way to you when you only wanted to make things better between us, but it's just that all this time you've been rude to me that I've grown habitual to you being that way when you started being nice and treated me kindly, it felt weird, not uncomfortable but weird since I am not used to it" Taehyung confessed as he looked at Jungkook, who silently stared at his ice cream.

He doesn't know why but he was disappointed with himself for making Taehyung grow habitual to his rude behavior. Well, it wouldn't have mattered if Taehyung would have just run away from him after hearing his side of the story but as Taehyung has accepted him as he is, he wants to treat Taehyung the way he deserves to be treated.

"No. Why are you sorry? I should be the one who should be sorry for treating you the way I did before. From now on, I don't want you to feel awkward around me because I'll always be kind to you since you've made me realize how it feels to express my feelings out loud, even though I can only express them in front of you" Jungkook spoke with a serious and determined voice as he looked at Taehyung, who was the same color as his ice cream.

"I don't think it's just me though" Taehyung mumbled out, shutting his mouth up after realizing what shit he was spouting.

The silence would have kicked in again if Taehyung hadn't started speaking.

"So...how did you two meet?" He asked, side-eyeing Jungkook while licking his ice cream.

"Who? Oh, me and Jimin? We met in a bar and I was too drunk to walk on my own, so he sent me back home" Jungkook said making Taehyung gasp.

"So you've done that with him too?!" He asked in surprise and waited for Jungkook to say no so he could calm his anger down, but oh well, he wasn't that patient to wait for Jungkook to deny it and ended up blabbering.

"Seriously, Jungkook? I mean why would you do it with him? Not like you can't, but why? I know he's the type of person you can get the hots for, but why make him a friend then?! Isn't it your rule to not initiate your one-night stand after the night? Then why is he your friend? And on top of that, he is also your client! How unprofessional of you, huh? Or do you want to be romantically involved with him? But trust me, as a person who is experienced in dating, you should date someone better" He ranted and then suddenly stopped and looked at Jungkook, who was confused and surprised by his blabbering. A red blush crept over his face as he stared at the other with hearty eyes. Jungkook suddenly looking like some handsome Instagram model to him.

Someone like me

Upon realizing what his inner voice was saying, he screamed as he ran away from Jungkook, his ice cream already fallen on the ground as his hands traveled to his now red ears, covering them.

Jungkook called out for him as he ran away from him and after a bit of chasing, he finally caught Taehyung's hand and stopped him. Taehyung didn't turn to look at Jungkook, even when Jungkook tugged at his hand to make him turn because he didn't want Jungkook to see how red his face was.

"You've dated someone?" Was the first question that gushed out of Jungkook's mouth, without him noticing.

"U-uhh, no" Taehyung spoke as he finally calmed himself down and looked at Jungkook.

"Then why did you say you were experienced in dating?" 

No, I'm not, I just wanted you to give up on that guy

"No, I'm not, It was just a joke" Taehyung mumbled and was about to trod forward when Jungkook's statement stopped him.

"Well, to be honest, I am not that close to him. He did confess to me once but I rejected him but I know he just has brotherly feelings for me now and so do I. We have nothing going on and we can never cause he knows I'll kill him" Jungkook explained not sure if he was able to explain properly.

"Oh" Taehyung's heart fluttered with happiness as he inwardly smiled to himself and started walking again, Jungkook catching up to him.

"Oh! I dropped my ice cream while running" Taehyung whined and saw Jungkook immediately forwarding his own ice cream in front of his face.

"You...err...you can have mine then" Jungkook shyly spoke as Taehyung looked at him with astonishment.

Yet, with a faint blush and smile, he accepted the ice cream and happily ate it as the two of them walked close enough to pass on each other's warmth.

"Ah, eating this after the sorbet feels a bit weird" Taehyung spoke and chuckled as he licked the ice cream.

Jungkook, for a brief moment, looked at Taehyung, who was happily eating the ice cream in his own world.

Jungkook was thankful that Taehyung didn't pay attention to his blushing face which he immediately masked by whipping his head to the other side, his heart fluttering at the sight of Taehyung's smile as he licked the ice cream which was half-eaten by Jungkook.

Jungkook, looked at their hands almost touching and the urge to entwine them together grew in an undefinable pace but he resisted himself as they quietly stared at the streetlights switching on one by one, children gathering around the ice cream truck, and laughing and playing, the dusk falling upon the sun.

Maybe, losing to these weird feelings that are growing inside him won't be as bad as he thought.

Maybe, one day he'll build the courage to finally entwine his hand with Taehyung's.