十八

"Wow. You look so handsome, Jungkook" The omega had blurted out as soon as he saw Jungkook come downstairs. It's not like Taehyung hadn't encountered any handsome men in the 25 years of his life but to have his heart feeling all jittery was a first. The compliment had caused Jungkook to feel a little uneasy. Of course, he has received thousands of compliments but now as he was aware of himself and had put an effort to look presentable, the feeling of the praise was totally different and powerful. 

He averted trying to look at Taehyung's face as that would make him more nervous. He ignored the compliment and started speaking up.

"Alright. I want you to follow some rules since we're going outside. 1. Do not leave my sight for a single second and if you wanna go somewhere, inform me first. 2. Do not talk to anyone and if someone comes up to talk to you, just tell them to talk to me first. 3. You can do anything you want just make sure you don't leave my side" Jungkook said and Taehyung quickly nodded.

"Yes, boss!" Taehyung chuckled although he stopped when he noticed Jungkook's serious as fuck expression.

"Also, if anyone asks you who you are tell them--" "Yeah yeah, I'll tell them that I'm a one-night stand" Taehyung interrupted, rolling his eyes.

"Tell them you're my friend" Jungkook said, startling Taehyung as he looked at Jungkook with a shocked expression. 

"Then, am I seriously friend?" Taehyung asked as Jungkook stared at him with a long pause. "No" He said and walked towards the coffee table to pick his belongings. Taehyung sighed, disappointment obvious on his face.

"Alright. Then, let's leave" Jungkook said and was about to walk towards the door but Taehyung held his hand and stopped him.

"Why are you doing this, Jungkook? You don't consider me as a friend, you don't like me and I bet you don't find fairs fun, so why?" Taehyung asked and to be honest, Jungkook had no answer to that, yet he had to give Taehyung a reason that didn't portray him as weak or soft.

"Because I pity you" Jungkook said and Taehyung immediately let go of Jungkook's hand, looking at his feet. 

"Wow...that hurt" Taehyung scoffed, blinking his tears away, not wanting to cry in front of Jungkook but the anonymous pain in his heart was making him feel heavy.

"Let's go" Jungkook said and grabbed Taehyung's hand, dragging him outside. Taehyung was surprised since this was the first time Jungkook had held his hand. "Ah! Wait!" Taehyung called out but Jungkook was ignorant as he made him sit inside the car, putting the seatbelt over him.

"You have a car?!" Taehyung asked in amazement. "I'm not jobless, you know" Jungkook said in a blatant manner.

"Well, you never tell me anything about yourself so how am I supposed to know?" Taehyung mumbled out and it quieted Jungkook down since Taehyung's statement was true. He closed the door and sat in the driver's seat. Jungkook glanced at Taehyung who was trying to hide his excitement under his angry expression but Jungkook knew very well how much Taehyung was anticipating going to the fair.

He started the car and drove towards the fair. Taehyung didn't look away from the window through the whole ride. He was fascinated by the way the air coming through the window hit his face, the trees were moving faster than the car itself and there was so much to look at but he only had two eyes which were heavily lit with amazement. And, Jungkook couldn't help but glance at Taehyung whenever he could, just to see his shiny eyes intaking every feel of his surrounding.

They reached the fair pretty soon and Taehyung's legs were aching to get out of the car and run inside but he knew he can't unless Jungkook tells him to and he has to comply since Jungkook is the one getting them tickets. The said male got out of the car and walked towards Taehyung, sitting inside the car.