十九

"Oh my god! Today was so fun!" Taehyung shouted cheerfully as he tumbled inside the house. The souvenirs and snacks in his hand made it difficult for him to walk. He bought everything that fascinated him, including some tasty street food for Jungkook. 

And there was Jungkook behind him, walking inside the house after him, his mouth shut silently and the cold expression donning his face. He was too worried to celebrate anything, not that he would have even if he wasn't worried. Taehyung quieted down as he looked back at Jungkook who seemed to be lost in his own world. 

He wanted to ask quite a few questions to Jungkook but he knew the other's mood was cranky right now and he dared not talk about anything that would worsen it up. 

"Jungkook, do you want some water?" Taehyung asked, knocking the stuffing out of Jungkook. He nodded as he sat down on the chair. Taehyung immediately went inside the kitchen and got two glasses of water along with some macaroons on a plate. Jungkook was about to take the glass of water from Taehyung's hand when his attention fell on the plate. 

"What's this for?" He asked. "Eating something sweet helps with destressing" Taehyung smiled at him and so he took one macaroon from the plate, stuffing it inside his mouth. 

"But how did you conclude that I was stressed?" Jungkook asked.

"Well, you were quite all the way back to the house and there was a very bothered look on your face". "But isn't that my normal behavior?" Jungkook expressed making Taehyung chuckle. "Oh, so you're aware of yourself" He mocked.

"...Is it because of the guy we just met?" Taehyung asked whilst carefully looking at Jungkook's face expecting a change of expression, yet he observed none. Jungkook looked outside the window. The night was falling, and there was no sign of any living outside, yet the stars and moon made the atmosphere lively. Silence surrounded the two while Taehyung anticipated an answer from Jungkook, who was conveying secrecy to be his possible choice.

Yet, Taehyung's heart missed a beat when he heard Jungkook speak.

"...He's one of the reasons" He muttered out. Taehyung wanted Jungkook to continue speaking, to open up but he was afraid Jungkook might come to his senses and guard himself up again. Yet the desperation inside him, made him speak up.

"Who is he?" He gulped, he could feel the imaginary perspiration due to nervousness on his forehead. Ironic it was that at one point, he wanted Jungkook to look into his eyes but also didn't want him to break the eye contact he had with the scenery outside, anxious that he would stop talking.

"He's my rival" Jungkook's answers were short but Taehyung found them as big steps for the change in their relationship. He doesn't know why he wants Jungkook to open up to him, maybe it's the jealousy that Jungkook knows everything about him and he doesn't, or the burning desire to be closer to Jungkook than anyone else is.

"Rival? What kind of rival?" Shit. This was turning out to be an interview but Taehyung needed answers. Why was Jungkook so bothered about that guy? Do they know each other? Like know know each other? It was just irking him.

"I am the son of the pack's leader and the candidate to be the heir of the throne. Eun-sang is my rival candidate" Jungkook spoke. 

Oh, so his name is Eun-sang. Was the first thought that came into Taehyung's mind but everything seemed to seep inside his mind as his eyes widened.

"What?! Did you just say that you're the heir to the throne?! And you have a dad?!" Taehyung exclaimed in shock as he stood up halfway. Jungkook said nothing as he kept his eyes locked with the oak tree's silhouette.

"I just thought you had a brother since you never talk about your family" Taehyung muttered as he sat down.

"Then, what about your mom?" The sound of the name itself made Jungkook flinch as he finally looked at Taehyung, although his gaze wasn't welcoming.