十五

Jungkook heard the clanking of the steel spoon over the ceramic plate, indicating that Taehyung was done with his breakfast. Taehyung slowly stood up, ensuring that his wound was safe from hazards. "Alright, I'm going to take a bath" He announced, but before he could leave, Jungkook, who was still only half-done with his food stood up, catching Taehyung's attention.

"You're done already?" Taehyung asked to which Jungkook shook his head. "I'll help you take bath" Jungkook's bold suggestion for assistance startled Taehyung, a faint red appearing over his cheeks as his arms escalated towards his chest. He covered himself as he backed away from Jungkook, who looked at him with confusion.

"W-what?!" He uttered in shock and although Jungkook took time to understand what Taehyung was trying to implement with his sudden shock, he finally got it and only a scoff departed from his mouth.

"I would never even think about making a move on someone like you" The assertion on the "you" presented by Jungkook immediately changed Taehyung's aura from prey to a predator's. Oh, he was so ready to cut Jungkook's overworking mouth off of his face.

"You are wounded and taking a bath alone would be difficult since you also need to make sure that water doesn't come in contact with the wound. You're not some alpha that you would heal in a week or something, your wound needs time" Jungkook explained and Taehyung found his excuse pretty appropriate. He huffed as he uncovered his chest and rolled his eyes.

"I am never gonna show you my naked body" Taehyung said and turned to leave.

"I don't even wanna see that" Jungkook rolled his eyes, making Taehyung glare at him. "I'll prepare the tub" Jungkook said and went upstairs.

"Why your bathroom?" Taehyung muttered as he dragged himself upstairs. The situation he was currently in was uncomfortable, and taking bath in Jungkook's bathroom was like adding salt to his wounds.

Jungkook entered his room, although there was this foreign scent brimming the room. It was sweet and flowery, and it screamed Taehyung with every puff of air Jungkook took in. He sighed as he went inside the bathroom. He avoided looking in the mirror that was hanging on the wall since he had replaced the broken one with a new one before he allowed Taehyung to enter his room.

The urge to smash it again was growing inside Jungkook but he didn't want to show his horrible side to Taehyung...again. He doesn't want Taehyung to know that he's just a pathetic loser who is scared of his own reflection.

He closed his eyes as he passed the bathroom mirror. He filled the tub with hot water, checking if the temperature was feasible enough for Taehyung or not. After he was done, he called out for Taehyung, who was wearing a loose and long T-shirt (probably an old t-shirt Jungkook had donated to him) and shorts (also donated by Jungkook). 

Jungkook was currently questioning his past words. Why did he have to run his mouth around and say something like "I don't even wanna see that"? He averted his gaze from Taehyung as quickly as possible because he doesn't want to give Taehyung an idea that he is, in any way, attracted to him.

Because that is definitely false. He thinks he just wants to fuck someone since it's been a long time since he called someone over because of everything going on in his life, and everything is to be blamed on Taehyung. Ever since he has entered this house, he has flipped Jungkook's life upside down.

Taehyung stepped inside the tub and was about to sit down when Jungkook grabbed his shoulders, stopping him.

"What are you doing? I just told you that we can't let the water touch the wound, right?" Jungkook clicked his tongue as he made Taehyung sit on the edge of the tub. 

"You cover the wound with your t-shirt and I'll wash you up with a wet towel and soap" Jungkook explained and Taehyung immediately whipped his head towards Jungkook, his eyes as wide as Earth.

"What?! I won't let someone like you wash me up" And oh how perfectly Jungkook knew Taehyung was impersonating him when he emphasized the "you"

"Shut up and let me do it" Jungkook rubbed his temples as he sighed. Taehyung rolled his eyes but gave in.

"But I won't remove my t-shirt". "What? But how am I supposed to wash you up then?" Jungkook frowned.

"No, I am not removing my t-shirt" Taehyung was persistent over his choice. "Fine, then don't complain if your wound swells up and gets infected because that will be ten times more painful than now" Jungkook spoke as he side-eyed Taehyung, whose temperament was shifting from determined to uncertain.

"Does it really swell up?" Taehyung gulped as he asked and Jungkook nodded in return.

"I've been through it. The water seeps inside the wound and then the--" He was cut off by Taehyung.

"Stop stop! I'll remove the t-shirt!" He said and immediately took it off, wrapping it around his wound. Jungkook smirked in triumph as he squeezed the liquid soap on the loofah. As soon as the cold loofah came in contact with Taehyung's warm skin, it made him shiver. "God, this is so uncomfortable" He mumbled out. "Deal with it. We'll have to do this for a while" Jungkook sighed. He knows that it was his choice to help Taehyung out until his wound didn't heal but this is too exhausting for him, listening to Taehyung's rant while washing him up.

Taehyung's head was a mess right now. He didn't know what to focus on. The agonizing pain of his wound, the touch of the cool loofah, or the feeling of Jungkook's warm hand over his back. And, it seemed like the third candidate won the round. A faint blush crawled over Taehyung's cheeks as he pouted and looked down at his feet, under the bubbly hot water.

Taehyung couldn't make out if he was shivering because of the cold or Jungkook's hand touching every inch of his skin. This was hella uncomfortable for him. For the first time, he's letting someone touch him and it had to be this annoying ass alpha that he's cohabiting with. At this point, he couldn't even make out what the reason behind his uncomfortableness is. He couldn't make out whether he was hating it or not.

As if on cue, Jungkook's voice pulled him out of his thoughts. "Alright, I'm done with the back" No. Forget everything about his bipolar thoughts, this was hella uncomfortable. He suddenly stood up. 

"You know what? I'll just do this myself. Thanks for your help, Jungkook" Taehyung rushed through his words as he pushed Jungkook away from himself.

"What? But we didn't even start?" Jungkook was confused. What happened so suddenly?

He was about to step forward but Taehyung stopped him.

"I'll be just fine! I'll make sure I don't get water around the wound!" Taehyung yelled as he pushed Jungkook out of the bathroom and locked it.

"What?! Taehyung?!" Jungkook called out in irritation but huffed and threw the wet towel on the floor and stomped out of the room.

"This is what you get for trying to help someone!" He yelled to himself and plopped on the couch, turning the TV on.

Taehyung huffed as he plopped inside the tub, making sure the water doesn't get near the wound.

He rested his head on his knees and sighed. "What is wrong with you, Kim Taehyung?" He muttered. He could still feel the warmth of Jungkook's hands over his skin, and he couldn't help but blush. 

He shook his head to let all the uncanny thoughts waver away as he carefully washed up.

"God, I wanna leave this place so badly"