二十七

"Well, to be honest, it was for money and a place to stay at first, but the real reason why I did everything I did is different. I did think that you were insensitive and ignored how others felt but then when I would see you all by yourself, you had that look of loneliness in your eyes. I feel the same isolation when I see people laughing and talking to each other in front of me. I never had anyone by my side to make me feel that I'm not alone and even I don't know why but I wanted to wipe that loneliness out of your eyes. Seeing you eat my food so eagerly was like an antidote to my wounds, and so I started loving doing things for you" Taehyung confessed, hiding his blush with his awkward laugh.

Taehyung wanted Jungkook to break the silence created after his revelation, but he only received more quietness as he could feel Jungkook's stare, making it more embarrassing for him.

"Anyway--" His sentence was cut off by Jungkook who had spoken up, his eyes now fixated on the hot chocolate mug.

"When I first met you, I could see a bit of me in you when you told me about your mother. Yes, I took you in out of pity. You thought I was helping you but actually, you were the one helping me, Taehyung. You amazed me with everything you did. Having food made by someone never felt this welcoming, everytime I went out, all I could think about was what you would make for me and I felt myself looking up to something for coming home. I never showed you any friendliness yet you always thought of me as a friend, you were scared of a murderer breaking into our house but didn't even show a tiny bit of fear when I bit half of your stomach off. You accepted me the way I wanted someone to accept me like. Do I really deserve your kindness?" Jungkook asked, showing a lopsided smile to Taehyung who sighed and flashed a smile to Jungkook.

"If you didn't deserve it, I would have already put poison in your food by now" Taehyung chuckled as he picked up the empty mugs and stood up.

"It's getting cold, shall we head downstairs?" Taehyung suggested, shivering as he looked at Jungkook who stared back at him.

He was about to turn and walk away but his eyes widened when Jungkook grabbed his hand, making him look at him.

"I know words are not enough to express whatever you've done for me, but I'd still like to show my gratitude to you. Thank you for everything you've done for me, Kim Taehyung?" Jungkook said, and through the angle, Taehyung could see the moonlight haloing behind Jungkook's head, illuminating Jungkook's black hair, there was a light glow in Jungkook's black eyes which captivated Taehyung's heart, if he were to ever fall in love with someone's eyes, it would for sure be Jungkook's doe eyes with the unique epicanthic fold adorning them. And right now, he could feel himself drowning in them.

As if someone pushed him above the shore, his eye contact with Jungkook broke and a deep set of red blush arose over his face, and so to hide it, he quickly flipped his face away.

The palpitating heart inside his chest was asking reasons for his restlessness and all he could conclude was that it was all Jungkook's doings.

Why did he have to suddenly become so kind and soft?!

"U-uhh yeah. Y-you're welcome" Taehyung mumbled out before taking his hand out of Jungkook's grasp and rushing downstairs, the mugs held tightly in his embrace because if he was to lose his composure right now, he'd sure trip and fall.

It was 3:00 am and Taehyung could feel himself lying wide awake on the couch, his eyes anchored on the ceiling as his mind was full of thoughts about Jungkook. This was his first time experiencing insomnia and it was confusing him because of the feelings overflowing inside his chest.

Meanwhile, Jungkook laid on his bed, eyes closed with sleep, and a small smile placed over his lips. Surprisingly, the bed didn't feel uncomfortable today and the pillow itchy no more. He could foresee the delightful dreams he's gonna experience tonight, and it made him succumb to slumber.

And tonight, Jungkook slept with his eyes heavy of sleep and not fear. 

__

Taehyung, with eyes void of sleep, looked at the clock after hearing it strike at 1 pm. He was confused as he still didn't hear the faint steps coming from upstairs. He peeked out of the living room to notice Jungkook appearing but at the same time, he low-key didn't want Jungkook to wake up, afraid that he would turn back to his cold self. 

He wouldn't be able to handle Jungkook's inhospitality again after having the sweet taste of his kindness. He was getting greedy, wanting to talk to Jungkook and wanting to know him. Not just his painful past but his joyful memories too.

He caved in to his restlessness as he stood up from the chair and climbed the stairs, his heart pounding inside his chest.

The quiet aura surrounding the bedroom made him more nervous as he gulped and twisted the doorknob open.

The gentle breeze flew in through the window and the hazy smell of sakura flowers inundated the navy blue room. But all Taehyung's senses could focus on was Jungkook. His eyes stared at the man softly laying under the white sheets, his nose could segregate the smell of Jungkook's cologne from the sakura flowers, and his ears twitched hearing the gentle snoring of Jungkook. 

He was unhappy by the fact that seeing or being near Jungkook was having such a big impact on his mind and body when it was never the case before. A subtle blush spread across his cheeks and he could feel small flutters occurring in his heart as he walked closer to Jungkook.

A part of him didn't want to wake up the man who slept so peacefully and for the first time he was witnessing, to say. But the urge to see him eat the breakfast he made and confirm that his personality hasn't shifted back to being shitty, he needs to break the other's trance by waking him up.

"Jungkook" He softly spoke up, hoping Jungkook would listen to him but surprisingly the boy didn't even move an inch.

"Jungkook" He spoke, louder this time, yet there was no response.

"Jungkook" His voice was loud now and he could see Jungkook flinch and frown a bit.

He contemplated whether he should continue or not but still ended up doing so.

"Jungkook, wake up" He leaned a little towards Jungkook. He wanted to shake Jungkook slightly but his nervousness made him do it a little more roughly as he ended up vigorously shaking Jungkook, who growled and flashed his eyes open.

The room that was quiet was filled with the noise of Taehyung being pinned down on the bed, his hands pinned above his head.

"I swear to god, Hyung---!" Jungkook's bolting voice halted in the middle as he saw Taehyung under him.

What surprised him more was the look on Taehyung's face, that screamed "oh my god, the guy that was once an indifferent jerk who just became kind and is giving me weird feelings in my chest just pinned me on the bed" 

Oh, it sure is a good morning.