Untitled Part 38

Besides the blood-covered grounds that adorned the history of the cold-blooded war that occurred a few hours ago, burned the fire that was encircled by the pack members. Some are injured, and some still crying over the loss of their loved ones. While everyone is having mixed feelings over the past events that unfolded in the clan, they were divided by two ideologies. The people who wanted Jungkook to become the leader now and the people who want"ed" Eun-sang to become the leader.

Since Eun-sang is dead, there is no use worshipping his leadership skills but all their motive now was to stop the throning of Jungkook, since they do not believe in hierarchy.

Then there stood two men beside the fire, ready to be judged by the people's eyes and words. But the warmth of the fire and their presence calmed both of them down. They were ready to face anything unless they were together.

Jungkook so badly wanted to hold Taehyung's hand but if he did that, this "drama" is going to last forever.

"The procession starts" Jungkook's father stated to the public, but his expressionless eyes were fixated on the males standing in front of him.

"This man is the evilest person I have ever seen in my whole life!" A beta stood up from the opposite side and exclaimed while looking at Jungkook in disgrace.

"First, he killed my brother's child, then he killed his mother, and now since he wanted the throne, he let the rogue alphas attack our clan and save us so he will become a savior and sit on the throne! He even killed Eun-sang for that! How vicious of you, you mother-" He was cut off by Jungkook's father.

"Don't you see that even he was wounded in the war?! How can you think that he would be so evil when he saved everyone's lives? Eun-sang was the one who welcomed the rogue alphas here!" A woman shouted from the other side.

"Of course, I can think of it because it is true! He did all of this for this omega standing beside him. An abandoned and unmated omega male that Jungkook has been hiding from all of us to date! Surely, the rogues came for this omega!" One of Eun-sang's friends shouted and well, no one had an answer to back up for that, leaving the other side satisfied.

Not that Jungkook cared. He was busy making sure that Taehyung felt comfortable no matter how much shame he had to face for himself. And when he side-eyed Taehyung, he was surprised to see Taehyung already looking at him with a worried look on his face.

Well, he shouldn't be feeling happy and giddy inside in this situation but his head was occupied by imaginary scenarios with Taehyung and the kiss they just shared a few moments ago.

He cleared his throat as he looked away from Taehyung, putting on his serious expression and addressing the pack.

"I have an official witness that can justify that I or Taehyung are innocent in the infiltration done by the rogues. I have caught one of the rogues alive and he is ready to explain everything to all of you. And about Taehyung, I am not obliged to tell any of you anything, it is my issue, and since when have we started talking bullshit in this pack about taking in abandoned omegas or any other wolves who are left to die out there? And about the throne, I never saw Eun-sang as a competition otherwise it would not have taken me a second to kill him for the throne. And if you all are still not satisfied, you can send anyone who can be a contender and fight with me for the throne." Jungkook clicked and everyone was forced to agree with his point. One, because he was right, and two, who would go against the words of a pure-blooded alpha who could kill you with his pheromones?

Everyone stopped whispering to each other as they saw their pack leader, aka, Jungkook's father stand up. His face is expressionless. He walked up to Jungkook and Taehyung glaring at them.

"We will start the voting" He announced as he shifted his gaze to the audience.

"Who wants Jungkook to not become the successor to the throne?" He saw a few hands rise, mainly from the right side where supporters of Eun-sang sat.

He clenched his jaw but continued.

"Who wants Jungkook to become a successor to the throne?" And there was the result, the majority of the hands were raised in favor as Jungkook's father smiled in satisfaction before dropping it and looking at Jungkook with the same expressionless eyes.

"You, with him, at my house after this is over" He growled before putting his smile back on and turning towards the crowd.

"I feel extremely proud to announce, just like how I climbed my way up to become a leader, my son has done too. I wish him nothing but power to lead this pack righteously and for everyone's benefit" He said and everyone howled in respect and excitement.

Jungkook pressed up a smile but from inside he was worried about what his dad will be talking to Taehyung. He especially doesn't want Taehyung to be around his father and brother. 

Suddenly, he felt a hand sliding up his shoulder in the hope to gladden him. He looked behind him, eyes full of love as he watched Taehyung smile at him.

"Don't worry. You won't have to deal with anything alone now. I got you" 

And today, the dream he saw that day looked real to him. How Taehyung had come to take him out of the darkness into the light. 

Away from his monsters, making him feel loved and looked at.