二十四

The morning came quite early to Jungkook's despair. He opened his swollen eyes to look at the bright scenery laid outside. It was not like he ever cared about how it looked outside but the view today was totally contradicting to his mood.

He sighed as he sat upright, wearing his slippers, and gathering the courage to face Taehyung. He knew it was gonna hella awkward once he goes downstairs but he called for it.

Although he felt like he was prepared to face Taehyung, the sight downstairs made his swollen eyes widen. Few suitcases were placed beside the couch and a plate of breakfast on the dining table.

His eyes roamed around the room to find the presence of Taehyung and he knew where he could find him, in the kitchen, but this time he won't head towards the kitchen to hear Taehyung greet his "Good Morning" to him, scared of the fact that he won't say it.

He tried to make no sound while sitting, but the sound of the skidding of the chair was enough to catch Taehyung's attention who was inside the kitchen, eating his own breakfast, the way he used to before he got closer to Jungkook.

Jungkook's heartbeat fastened up, anticipating Taehyung walking out of the kitchen to come to look for him but the heaviness in his heart seeped in once again when it didn't happen so. He stared at his eggs and bacon for a nice moment before jabbing his knife and fork in them.

Gulping the food down was hard, not because it didn't taste good, but because it tasted so good that Jungkook finds it difficult to accept that he has to go back to eating cold ramen again.

He was about to choke over his eggs as he saw Taehyung walk out of the kitchen but after all these years of acting like a jerk, he had grown to maintain a straight face even in the hardest situations possible. His heart flinched as soon as their eyes met, even if it was for a mere second.

Jungkook was about to continue shoving the food down but his hands stopped as he heard Taehyung speak up.

"When are we supposed to leave?" Taehyung asked in a voice that was void of any reaction.

"In the evening" Jungkook spoke in a way as if he was never affected by all this in the first place, but only his heart could feel innumerable thorns pricking his soul by the lack of cheerfulness in Taehyung's voice.

"Okay" was the only response he got as he side-eyed Taehyung's retreating figure.

Jungkook just wanted to throw the eggs and bacon away since he was facing a loss of appetite because of Taehyung's cold behavior but what could he do? This might be the last meal Taehyung would make for him.

And so he kept on eating his breakfast in silence.

__

Jungkook could hear the faint sound of television downstairs, thinking Taehyung would be passing his time, waiting for it to be evening soon so they can leave, but all Jungkook could do was stare at the clock, a small part inside him wanting the time to run backward.

Jungkook looked at his bandaged hand as he dressed himself up. His heart was palpitating hearing the clock tick every second.

Just in a few more minutes, he will go back to waking up to a silent house, no more annoying sound of "Jungkook! Wake up!" coming from downstairs, no more having to sit with someone and forcefully talk while eating breakfast, no more colorful clothes, no more false hopes, no more Taehyung.

A smile was put over his face as he looked at his bandage, which was now soaked wet with his tears.

He doesn't even know what he's crying for anymore.

He shook his thoughts away and wiped his eyes, going downstairs to get the car ready.

His breath hitched and his body went still as he looked at Taehyung, standing face to face with him, his suitcases in his hand.

"Shall we--" Taehyung's voice was cut by the sound of Jungkook's phone ringing.

Jungkook's expression quickly changed from straight to slightly frightened as he looked at the name of the caller.

He gulped as he picked up the phone.

"Yes, Hyung?"

"Jungkook, come to my house immediately" As soon as Jungkook heard his brother speak up like that, his hands started to tremble, and it couldn't go unnoticed by Taehyung.

"Dad wants to talk to you"

__

10:24 pm

Taehyug looked at the clock hanging on the wall in the light of the dimly lit room. The only source of light was the moonlight that reflected through the paned glass window. The dinner that was set on the dining table had lost touch of warmth in the cold of the night.

Taehyung had hidden his worry underneath the mask of anger and irritation as he simultaneously looked outside the window and at the clock, wanting Jungkook to come back already so they can leave but also wanting to come home as soon as possible to wash his worries away.

He is hating himself for worrying about someone who never looked at him with bright light but these insuppressible feelings that he holds for Jungkook are enough to forget all his action and just wish for his return, waiting for him while sitting on the chair as a hopeless wife waiting for the arrival of his unloving husband.

10:43 pm

And Taehyung was about to doze off on the plate of steak when the whitewashed door slammed open, jerking his sleep off.

He subtly stood up, making sure to not show his anticipation, and walked towards the door. And as if someone had shot a bullet right through his heart, his eyes widened as he stood in front of a stumbling Jungkook, an anonymous woman's hand wrapped around his waist as she supported his drunken body while maintaining her own.

Taehyung blinked his eyes a few times to register what he was seeing was not an illusion. And as if a waterfall of emotions emerged through his heart, his eyebrows furrowed with anger, lip quivering with sadness, and hands bawling into fists with jealousy, he snatched Jungkook away from the woman, dragging him further inside the house.

"What is going?" Was the only thing he could ask right now, in this fragile state of his emotions.

All Jungkook could do was hand his head low, looking at the wooden floor as if it was a fine work by Bob Ross.

Not like Taehyung expected Jungkook to give him an answer.

"Seriously? You're gonna behave like this at this time? I'm a fucking fool for thinking something might have happened to you and getting worried over nothing because all you can ever do is bring around anyone to fuck and drown yourself in liquor like the fucking rascal you are" It was as if the waterfall that plunged in his heart was bursting out in forms of words.

He whipped his head towards the woman, who flinched at the gaze he held for her.

"Ma'am, I would have to ask you to leave for now since I have some shit that I want to talk to this bastard standing there acting as if he didn't do anything, so you can eat the steak as an apology and leave us two alone for now" Taehyung had spoken, although he was angry, the sensations of jealousy overpowered other feelings. And he's hating it because this is the first time he's ever feeling bothered by Jungkook bringing a one-night stand in his presence.

The deepest part of his heart hates the fact that although his mind is filled with Jungkook's thoughts 24/7, he doesn't find himself in any part of his life.

The woman silently left the house, not wanting to add fire to the fuel and now the two stood in front of each other. Taehyung blind with anger and hurt, and Jungkook quiet and unbothered.

"Now, what the fuck happened in these past five hours?"

Wolves| Taekookजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें