二十三

The parking lot looked like a war zone. Intoxicating pheromones brimmed the corridor and Taehyung just wanted to pinch his nose to block the scent.

Apparently, Jungkook was angry.

"Eun-sang" Jungkook had called out with pure animosity as he glared at Eun-sang, standing in front of him, his smirk already lowering down.

"Leave before I make you" Jungkook had ordered and even Taehyung could feel he wasn't joking when he said that. His hands had curled into fists, about to meet the damned man's face, only if Taehyung hadn't held them.

"What a lovely sight~ Is our Jungkook finally dating? Did you tell your dad about it? I'm sure he's gonna love it when I tell him" Eun-sang chuckled as he spoke, Jungkook was about to charge at him but Taehyung held him tightly to make sure he wouldn't.

"Jungkook, this is a public place" He had whispered and pulling Jungkook backward, at a safe distance from Eun-sang.

"Wow, I'm scared" Eun-sang had chosen to ignore Jungkook's threat and continue his teasing, folding his hand over his stomach as he smirked at the two, glaring at him.

Jungkook could feel his black eyes changing into blue eyes, even though he was trying to keep the monster inside so that it won't hurt Taehyung, he didn't know how long he could hold him in.

As if for his help, Taehyung had spoken up.

"Listen, I don't know what you want from this man, but being his friend I'll suggest you leave this place before something bad happens to you" Taehyung said, glaring at the man while holding Jungkook back with all the power he had within himself.

Eun-sang had no response to Taehyung's words, all he could do was smirk and throw his hand over his eyes.

"I'll leave for now since you asked me to, but I'll come back...for you" Eun-sang had spoken and left the area. Taehyung couldn't figure out who the last words were for, but he has a lot of time to ponder over it, for now, he needs to calm Jungkook down otherwise his pheromones would be the end of him.

"Jungkook, Jungkook!" Taehyung shook Jungkook's arm, bringing his attention towards him as he growled at him.

"What? Don't growl at me and stop your pheromones or I'll die" Taehyung spoke, pinching his nose while making an uncomfortable face.

Jungkook's eyes were back to black as he stopped emitting his pheromones, the still expressions appearing on his face again. He took his hand away from Taehyung and sat inside the car.

Taehyung sighed, rubbing his forehead out of tiredness, and sat inside the car. The ride back was scarily silent. Jungkook didn't want to speak and neither did he want Taehyung to say anything, at least for now.

They took the shopping bags inside the house and after doing so, Jungkook immediately stormed upstairs. Taehyung could hear the door slam after Jungkook, he couldn't help but sigh and plop on the couch, tiredly.

"And when things were going good"

__

"Jungkook! Dinner is ready!" Taehyung called out, peeking at the stairs to see Jungkook coming down, but there was no sign of him even after five minutes.

He gulped as he climbed the stairs. The creaks of the stairs made his heart skip a beat with each step he took but he wanted to make sure Jungkook was okay.

His sweaty palm curled over the golden knob as he stared at it endlessly, contemplating his decision, yet his hand ended up turning the knob over as the door creaked open.

And through the silent passing of the wind through the open window of the bedroom and the brightly lit room, all Taehyung could stare at was shards of glasses lying on the white carpet and Jungkook who was shivering with his back facing the mirror, blood gushing out of his hand, trickling its way to the carpet, soaking it red.

Maybe it was a hallucination since he never heard the sound of glass breaking or maybe he expected this reaction from Jungkook as soon as he saw him going upstairs and chose to ignore the happening of it.

But, to finally see Jungkook like this, he regrets not stopping Jungkook from going upstairs and not telling him that he doesn't have to be afraid of anything since he's there.

And to compensate and curb his regrets, all Taehyung could do was take the first aid kit from the drawer, make Jungkook sit on the bed, and treat his wound.

Jungkook didn't say anything as he let Taehyung cover his hand with bandages.

When Taehyung was done, he stood up, and kept the first aid box back to its place, acting as if nothing happened.

"Should I bring the food upstairs?" He asked, preparing to leave. He heard nothing in Jungkook's response and was about to walk out when Jungkook's words stopped him.

"Your wound has healed, right?" Jungkook asked but Taehyung couldn't answer him since he knew Jungkook already knew the answer.

"Pack your bags and prepare to leave, I'll drop you by the city tomorrow. A guy I know can help you get settled there. He can also help you with your mate hunt; I heard you talking about it to yourself. Normal people like you shouldn't be dragged into shit like this" He continued.

"And about everything you've done for me till now, I appreciate it but don't mistake me as your friend or anything because I only saw you as a guy who did chores at my house, nothing else" He spoke, looking down at his bandaged hand.

Taehyung could only stare at Jungkook, for the first time not showing any signs of expression over his face, neither hurt nor anger. Similar to the man who was speaking these words with the same expression on his face.

"Fine. Let's go tomorrow. I'm tired of this place too" Taehyung said, closing the door behind him.

He rushed downstairs, angry tears finally slipping out of his eyes. He wasn't crying because of the insensitive words he had heard from Jungkook's mouth. He was angry with himself for feeling heartache for the first time because of his insensitive words.

The past few days made him feel like he could stay here, eat dinner with Jungkook every day, and hold his hand, guiding him around shopping malls but Jungkook made him realize the reason he had come here.

His real reason to come to this place was to leave as soon as possible.

__

As soon as the booming sound of the slamming of the door reached Jungkook's ears, uncontrollable tears escaped his eyes.

He has said worse shit than this to people to make them leave and has never regretted it once, but why does it hurt so much even to say the truth to Taehyung?

Maybe because it's not the truth, it had never been. The heaviness in his heart and the tears leaking through his eyes are proof that whatever he said was all a lie.

But he believes that whatever he is doing is for Taehyung's own good since it was bound to happen one day.

"It's for his own good" He repeated to himself as he laid down on the bed, for the first time, wanting his monster to take over him forever and kill all the feelings that he's feeling right now.

At least, he hurts him less than these feelings.

And so, he closed his eyes, the last few tears falling down his eyes, engulfing the feeling of his aching heart. Just like the days before Taehyung, he drowned himself in pain and sleep tonight.