三十一

Maybe, it was because of Jungkook getting familiar with himself and his emotions, he felt so wary of Taehyung. It was as if he had become a night owl watching the silvery moon with its big amber significant eyes. His eyes were always stuck on Taehyung that he had memorized every action and reaction of Taehyung. How he naturally hummed a sweet song in his deep baritone voice as he wiped the kitchen counters, how his eyes still wandered around every corner of the house as if he was still new to this place yet Jungkook could see Taehyung owning this place forever, Taehyung had replaced the emptiness in his heart and house just the way he had replaced box noodles to eggs and bacon.

A snap followed by a "hello?" was shoved in his face as he got out of his stupor and looked up at Taehyung, who was waving at him.

"I called you like five times" He chided as he sat down and placed the plates in front of him and Jungkook.

"Sorry" Jungkook cleared his throat to hide his blushing face as he shoved his face with the food.

Taehyung lifted his eyes sneakily to look at Jungkook who was looking at his food and gobbling it down and found himself remembering his words from yesterday

It should be someone like me

And he can't help but blush every time at the memoir, and since then he's been having weird scenarios and visions in his head regarding him and Jungkook and now he doesn't know how to behave in front of him. All he can do is distract himself by humming songs and looking at every corner existing in the house.

Suddenly, Taehyung jolted as he looked at Jungkook and asked

"Jungkook, I forgot to ask you. What happened when your brother called you at your dad's place when we were about to leave?" Jungkook stopped eating and looked at Taehyung with a concerned and afraid look at his face.

Yet he didn't want to lie to Taehyung, not anymore.

"They...got to know that you're living with me and...they want you to go from here because I'll be a threat to your life" Jungkook mumbled out not wanting Taehyung to hear the last part.

And Taehyung quieted down, regretting that he asked such a stupid question.

"Are they gonna get me kicked out of here then? Cause I'm a packless omega living at an alpha's place?" Taehyung asked in a scared tone.

"Don't worry, I'm here and I'll protect you" Jungkook spoke sincerely, his gaze meeting Taehyung's.

 And at the moment, the sincerity in his eyes and words made Taehyung's heart flutter so vehemently that he could feel it beating in his mouth.

The heat through Jungkook's piercing alpha-dominant eyes was too much for Taehyung to handle as he broke the contact and stood up. Without exchanging any words, he picked up his and Jungkook's plates and briskly walked towards the kitchen.

And Jungkook, he was too busy looking at Taehyung's retreating figure that he didn't even notice that he wasn't even halfway done with his scrumptious meal.

The serene silence didn't last long as loud, hurried knocks on the front door interrupted it. Jungkook, confused, got up and opened the door but scrunched his nose as he was hit with the robust smell of rogue scent.

There stood his brother standing while panting, sweat glistening his face and splotches of blood on his amethyst shirt. 

"The...rogues have attacked and they've ganged up with the Gwangju pack, and you won't believe what I'm about to tell you...Eun-sang betrayed us, he let them in from the back entrance of the cub school " He wheezed out and Jungkook immediately growled, then looked at Taehyung who was listening to their conversation in shock.

"You, go to my bedroom and do NOT step outside" Jungkook ordered and Taehyung had no choice but to follow his orders.

Jungkook was about to shapeshift and leave with Hoseok but Taehyung stopped him, a worried look on his face.

"Take care of yourself" He said and Jungkook's black eyes turned back to blue to look at Taehyung and give him a reassuring, leaving at once.

As soon as he arrived at the battleground, he could smell the sharp scent of blood from every tree, every dead body lying on the floor, and everyone that was fighting there.

But Jungkook's eyes were hungry for the only wolf that was missing there, Eun-sang.

His eyes turned black as his inner demon started overpowering him, wanting to fill the hunger for the blood he's been suppressing this long. And no matter who comes in front of him, he's only gonna stop when he's ripped that neck off of Eun-sang's body.

He jumped into the fight, biting everyone's neck off as he jumped from dead body to dead body, searching for the brown-furred wolf.

Only if he knew that Eum-sang had already headed his way towards his cabin, smirking as he looked at Taehyung, who was peeking out of the window with apprehension lacing his face.

"I've finally come for you"