二十八

Taehyung's silver hair laid out on the crumpled white bedsheet as if rose petals had fallen on it, his wrists were creating a depression on the bed from being pushed in it, Jungkook's hand encircled around them as if a rope was tied to his wrists. His eyes were as wide as the moon on a full moon night, a rosy blush creeping up to his cheeks, and his heart beating profusely. He looked into Jungkook's eyes to see that he had the same shocked expressions as his, but they gradually straightened out as he could feel Jungkook's eyes studying his face, which made him more nervous than he was.

Jungkook's eyes tried to grasp every detail present on Taehyung's face without his consciousness being aware of it. To say honestly, he was trapped in Taehyung''s beauty that even he didn't notice himself staring at his face shamelessly. This is not his first time looking at Taehyung, yet he feels that this is the first time he's actually noticing how beautiful Taehyung looks. (Well, he did forget the night where he brazenly stared at Taehyung while laying him on the couch at 3 am but who cares)

Smooth, glistening skin that actually showcased his beautiful genetics, doll eyes with a pale gold color donning them, lips that almost resembled a heart-shaped candy, a small mole enhancing their charm, perfect nose with a cute little mole under it, how could anyone not call him pretty?

"T-the...err...breakfast is ready" Taehyung spoke up, wanting to break the awkward silence surrounding them, and also wanting to leave the room as soon as possible.

Jungkook snapped out of his daze as his aloof eyes went back to being shocked as he left his grasp on Taehyung's wrists and let him sit up.

"I-I'm sorry, I thought you were my brother, and that is why I..." Jungkook knew his excuse was pretty shitty to be considered acceptable and so he lowered his head, too embarrassed and ashamed to look into Taehyung's eyes.

"Uhm, i-it's okay" God. This is so awkward. Taehyung stood up and left the room without saying anything, cupping his mouth as soon as he closed the door, and running downstairs to heat the breakfast up.

Jungkook still had his head lowered, since he didn't want even an inch of this room to know that he's blushing so hard, he might cry, and that too when the reason for his current state is none other than his housemate, Kim Taehyung.

___

"Good Morning" Taehyung greeted like usual as if it was out of habit, prone to the fact that he won't get a "good morning"  back, he kept doing what he was.

"Good Morning" The plate he was cleaning to set out on the dining table was about to slip out of his hands, as his eyes widened with shock when he heard Jungkook greet him. Seriously, how many more surprises is he about to get in just one day?

Calming himself down, he took the food out of the microwave and set it out on the table, waiting for Jungkook to sit down and start eating.

He was about to go back inside the kitchen when Jungkook clasped his hand and stopped him. He felt a small flutter in his heart as he looked back at Jungkook, looking up at him.

"You're not gonna eat?" Jungkook asked and all Taehyung could do was blink rapidly to process what he was hearing was correct or not.

"Seriously. Stop it. Stop being so nice all of a sudden, stop treating me like an equal so out of the blue. I know that I wanted you to be nice to me like yesterday night, but this is not what I expected. You can't keep giving me these heart flutters, okay? My heart can't handle it. If you'll be this handsome, how am I suppose to keep acting calm and collected in front of you?!" Is what Taehyung wanted to say as he looked at Jungkook. transferring his warmth to Taehyung with his hands, but he won't ever be able to say that, since he doesn't know what reaction Jungkook might give or what kind of reaction he expects from Jungkook.

What happened to my "go to the city, find a hottie mate, make babies with him, and live a happy life with him"? Why has it changed to "stay jailed in this house, with an ex rude bastard who keeps giving me weird feelings in my chest by treating me so nicely?" 

"I ate already" Taehyung answered, masking his bewilderment behind a nonchalant voice.

"Oh okay" Jungkook muttered out, not understanding why he was sad that Taehyung ate without him and why he wanted to eat with Taehyung.

Jungkook shoved his weird thought away and ate in silence like he always does.

What should I do to make this silence less awkward? Should I take him shopping again? The carnival is over but there's an amusement park nearby. Should I buy him something?

Suddenly, he stopped eating as an idea popped into his mind, and without thinking, he spoke up.

"Taehyung, do you wanna go on a date with me?" He voiced out mindlessly, and as soon as he heard the sound of a ceramic plate crashing on the floor coming from the kitchen, he realized what he had announced, and his eyes widened more than they could ever.

He jolted up as he dashed inside the kitchen, looking at the shards of plate lying around the man who stood frozen, staring at the wooden floor.

Taehyung might have murdered a shaman in his past life today for him to be receiving so many jumpscares in just a few hours of Jungkook waking up yet his face was redder than the finest strawberries ever to be harvested and he could feel his heart thumping so hard that it might just pop out of his chest. And he was scared of himself for actually looking forward to it being a date, ignoring the fact that it made no sense for Jungkook to ask him out on a date out of nowhere.

Jungkook found himself acting like a fool when instead of helping Taehyung with the shards, he decided to justify his statement made a few seconds ago.

"N-no! I-I didn't mean it in that way! Actually, I wanted to go somewhere and I thought 
I should take you with me but then my tongue slipped and I ended up calling it a date! It's a business meeting! A business meeting with one of my clients! I thought you could get familiar with the town but--!" It was too late. Jungkook had already spoken what was there to be said.

There was no way he could clean that shit up.

Oh my god, why did I have to say that?! He must hate me for real now! I mean, he wanted to go to the city and find a mate but I end up saying shit like this. I've gone bananas!

Jungkook gulped, thinking what to do now but as if on cue, Taehyung started chuckling.

"Oh, so that's what it was! It's okay that your tongue slipped! Let's go to the business meeting with one of your clients, I'll roam around while you can attend your business meeting" Taehyung chirped up and then crouching down to pick the ceramic pieces up.

And with Taehyung's tone and expression, Jungkook couldn't understand if Taehyung was actually oblivious or if he was being sarcastic.

And it scared him, he wanted to make it less awkward but he ended up making it more awkward. 

Good work there, Jeon Jungkook.

He sighed, rubbing his forehead in frustration.

Now where the fuck am I supposed to find a business client out of nowhere?!