Chapter 14

Yoongi's P.O.V.

"From everyone?" Ae-Young asked, looking quite confused.

"I completely understand the confusion, I want to explain." I began. Ae-Young nodded her head, as if telling me to continue. "As you know, Namjoon has his soulmate markings. He seems really stressed, seeing as we have yet to find his soulmate. Not only that, but it's always been really special to him."

"And you don't want to overshadow it, in any way, by saying you found your soulmate too?" Ae-Young finished, as I nodded my head in reply. "That's fine."

"Are you sure? I know it-

"No really, I don't mind at all." She reasured me. She gave a small smile, before continuing on. "It's a little bit, frightening I would say....finally having a soulmate."

"Oh?" I simply replied. "And why's that?"

"Please, don't take offense to this." She quickly said, waiting for me to respond in some way. So I gave a small nod, so she could continue on. "I just, never really wanted to have a soulmate. It wasn't really something I thought I needed."

At this, I felt a small stab at my heart. Metaphorically, of course. And as well as that, a sudden feeling of sadness. Not of my own, but Ae-Young's. I could tell that she felt frightened, I could tell she was scared of being new to this. We both are. But there was something else, that I just couldn't really make out. It felt like there was more to, just being confused or frightened at the situation. She seemed to fear something else completely as well. I just can't tell what.

"Hey, you don't need to worry." I said, looking into her eyes. "We're in this together. Unfortunately, whether either of us want it or not."

"It's gonna be hard to keep things from you now, isn't it?" She giggled, as I gave a light chuckle in response. "So do you want to organize a time, to meet up every few days then?"

"Uhh, w-well I don't think I'll really have time for that right now." I stuttered. I'd love to be able to get to know her, and maybe since she's asked, she could possibly be a bit intrigued by me too. "I don't mean to offend you, I do want to get to know you and all. It's just that right now I have a busy-

"Oh no, I do understand that." Ae-Young began, shaking her head, and waving her arms around as if to stop me before I say something stupid. Turns out, I was stupid enough to think she liked me. "It's just that, once you bond with someone, it's kind of like....you feed off their energy. I know it sounds odd, but that's really the best way I can describe it."

"Oh, I see." I replied, hearing my own voice drop. I looked down, as her head turned away from me. She must know, that I thought she meant, to just hang out. I can't say I'm not a little bit disheartened by this. 

"I disappointed you again, didn't I?" I heard Ae-Young's quiet voice whisper, not looking up to meet my eyes.

"What? No-

"You don't have to say that, just to make me feel better." Ae-Young said with a sigh. "We're soulmates now, occasionally I do get little feelings of how you're feeling. It's hard to tell what's me, and what isn't. But I do know, that you weren't all too pleased with what I said."

"It's not that I wasn't pleased-

"No no, I get it. Don't worry." She continued, interrupting me in a small voice. I could've talked over her, continuing to keep trying to explain to her, that although I was a little disappointed, it wasn't directly at her. I just....I couldn't help but let her continue on. Her voice sounded so sweet...so soothing. I could've listened to anything she had to say for ages-