Chapter 23

Ae-Young's P O.V.

"Okay, spill." Soomin began, all of a sudden. She suddenly came up to my door, and the first thing I did was cling onto her, grateful she was there.

Then, I spent about five or so minutes apologising. She forgave me, of course. But also made me promise I'd never push her away like that again. I gladly agreed. We both sat down, and now here we are.

"I screwed up, again." I managed to whisper, thinking back to when Yoongi was here. "Even when I knew I should've stopped talking, I kept going. I don't know what was going through me head...."

"I do." Soomin quickly replied, looking both angry, and also just plain fed up. "It's your promise to your mother, you know that's not doing you any good."

"She just trying to-

"To what? Take care of you?" Soomin interrupted, looking even more angry, furious even. "Seriously Ae-Young, don't give me that shit."

"Maybe she thinks she's helping?" I managed to say, not knowing how else to defend my mother. Why am I defending her? She is my mother, and I love her. But at the same time, it's not like she was all that great. She wasn't there for me, ever. So why do I feel the need to protect her now?

"Ae-Young, you know better than anyone how she feels about soulmates." Soomin replied, in a calmer tone. "So of course she'd try and put that on you."

"But-

"Hey, let me finish." Soomin stated sternly, before I could continue. "Personally, I think you should see her. You should let her know you want to live through the experience yourself, without her holding you down."

I sighed lightly, upon hearing what Soomin had to say. I have to admit, she's not wrong. But what a conversation that would be, to have with my mother of all people.

"Alright...." I replied. "And Soomin, I'm really sorry, again."

"Sweetie, if you apologise one more time, I'm going to rethink about forgiving you." Soomin said with a small laugh. "I told you, it's fine. I understand."

"Can I ask you one more thing?" I asked, after taking a second to think to myself. After hearing a hum in response, I looked to the ground, thinking about what I was trying to say. "How do I apologise to him?"

"To who? Yoongi?" Soomin asked, and I nodded my head. "Ae-Young, I think that's something only you can figure out."

"Why must you make that sound so wise?" I whined, hearing her response.

"What can I say? I am pretty wise...." She giggled, then came closer to me, with open arms. I immediately understood the gesture, quickly hugging her tightly. "You feeling better now?"

"Well....kind of." I replied, still holding onto Soomin. Then, after a sudden thought came to mind, I instantly let go. "You haven't told me about your soulmate!"

"Ah, that's right...." Soomin replied, giving a huge smile. "I really need to introduce you two!"

"Well go on, tell me the name of this mystery person." I replied, crossing my legs, leaning on the sofa. "I presume there's a romantic story to go along with it?"

"Okay, okay. Her name's Eunha...." Soomin began, another smile showing at the thought of her soulmate. "We met at the convenience store, just around the corner."

"Oh, how romantic." I replied sarcastically, earning myself a light hit from Soomin in the process. "Alright, I'm sorry. Go on."

"Basically, I forgot my purse. She was my knight in shining armor, who offered to pay." Soomin continued, stopping for a minute as she thought to herself. "Then when she was leaving, I reached out to grab her arm, in the hopes of maybe getting her number. And the rest is history...."