Chapter 34

Yoongi's P.O.V.

I paced up and down my room as I waited for Ae-Young to arrive. Not only was I excited to see her, but also curious to hear about what happened at work with her and her boss. She was very vague over the phone, but assured that I'd hear all the details once we were together, in person.

In a few short minutes, of which I continued to spend by walking laps of my room, a few light knocks were made on the outside of my door. I could hear my heart beating loudly in my chest, and my stomach felt as if it were doing leaps and bounds as I walked towards the doorway. It's always exciting to see your soulmate.

"Ae-Young...." I sighed, giving a small smile before hugging her tightly. I could tell by her body language that she didn't expect it. Then when I pulled back, I knew she could tell I didn't expect to either. Regardless, neither of us made a scene of it and I invited her in.

"It's nice to be here again, like, in the building." She began, standing in the middle of the room, waiting for me to come back from closing over the door.

"You can sit wherever." I said, as I myself sat on my bed. Ae-Young chose to sit opposite me, turning the chair by my desk to face me. "So, how've you been...?"

"I'm doing okay, for the most part." Ae-Young replied, putting her bag on the floor before bringing her attention back to me. "My boss, like I mentioned over the phone, has just gotten a little weirder lately."

"How so?" I asked. Ae-Young shrugged her shoulders a little, laying back into the chair.

"I don't know how exactly to explain it." She pondered over her thoughts for a minute before continuing. "You see, he's always had a bit of a short temper. And recently I guess he's just more.... sensitive, I'll say."

"You know, I don't know your boss. Nor do I ever think I'll have the pleasure of meeting him." I joked, causing Ae-Young to let out a single breathy laugh. "You don't need to protect his image around me, just be honest. It's okay."

"Well, I just noticed that he's been more annoyed with me lately." She finally admitted. "I get that I was late once or twice, but other than that, the only thing that has changed is my hours. I haven't worked overtime in ages. And ever since then, he just seems different."

"Maybe he misses you." I joked again, but this time, I heard no laugh in response. "I was just kidding, I didn't mean to-

"Yeah, sorry. It's just...." She paused for a second, sighing loudly. "He got so annoyed when I wouldn't go to lunch with him today. And then even more once he saw my soulmate markings."

"Oh." I replied, having no idea how else to respond. She seemed to notice my uneasiness, and shone me a quick reassuring smile.

"I'm sure it's nothing to worry about." She stated, standing up from the chair. "Now, didn't you promise me lunch?"

"That, I did." I smiled back, putting our conversation to the back of my mind for the time being. "There's a plastic bag by the door, do you mind getting it?"

"Of course." She replied, walking over to grab it. At the same time, I heard the ringtone of Ae-Young's phone go off. "Can you please see who that is?"

"Ah, okay." I replied, watching her carry the bag over and begin to take out its contents. I quickly fished for her phone in her bag, seeing the caller quickly, before the call ended. "It just ended. It was Soomin."

"Oh, she'll probably call back." Ae-Young murmured to herself. Then just a second later, her phone sounded, indicating a number of messages. "Is that Soomin?"