Chapter 21

Yoongi's P.O.V.

The past few days....have been tough. I can't describe it really....well actually, I think I can. I've been feeling empty, to be honest. And I really can't tell if that's me, or her.

I've tried contacting Ae-Young, but every time I have, her phone is turned off. Just my luck, I guess. The others started noticing my state, and constantly look worried for me. I don't know how to comfort them. I can't just tell them I'm alright, as they'd never believe me if I did. And, trying to muster a smile is exhausting.

It's more confusing, than anything, really. One minute I was holding a crying Ae-Young in my arms, while doing my best to comfort her. And now, I can't even have a conversation over the phone with her. The relationship we have, is complicated. Soulmate bonds are complicated.

It's like, we have all these feelings, out of nowhere. The two of us feel like we've known each other for years, even though we only met about a month or so ago. And that's what's so frustrating. I feel like I know her, and she knows me. I feel as though I can trust and rely on her, without even giving it a second thought. But I barely know her.

"That's it...." I whispered to myself. Now, I get it. We don't even know each other. Well- Okay, we do and don't. But the point of the matter is, we jumped straight into this, without thinking twice. Sure, that may work for the likes of Namjoon and Soyeon or Hoseok and Ara, but evidently not us.

Just at that thought, my phone rang. I rushed to get it, hoping it might be Ae-Young. But as I picked it up, I threw it back down just as quick. It wasn't her. I sighed loudly, picking up my phone again, but this time putting it on silent.

I decided now was a good time to go and get coffee. After this long without interacting with Ae-Young, I have no energy at all. It mustn't be as bad for her, since she hasn't asked to meet up again. Maybe it's just because I do so much practice, that my energy goes out even quicker than hers.

I don't expect the coffee to help much, but it tastes nice nonetheless. So I quickly grabbed my coat, mask and hat, before rushing outside.

As I walked around, I realised just how tried I really was. So, I tried my luck once more, hoping Ae-Young would answer. I tapped on her name, and let it ring. And finally, she actually answered.

"Hello." I heard from the other end. I couldn't help but smile, just by hearing her voice. Although, I had to admit, she seemed rather....annoyed.

"Hey, it's been a while since we talked last." I began, hearing a hum in response. "Are you busy right now?"

"At the current moment, yes." She replied. "But in a half an hour, I should be finished everything. Why?"

"I was wondering, if you wanted to go get coffee?" I asked, sounding hopeful. "Maybe hold hands....wait, that's not what-

"Don't worry, get what you mean." She replied with a sigh.

I didn't hear anything for a minute, and I honestly thought she hung up on me. But then, I heard another sigh, and new she didn't hang up just yet. But somehow, I get the feeling she really wants to.

"Okay." Ae-Young replied quietly. "What if you buy us coffee, and meet me at my office building in half an hour, of which I'll send you the address. Then, we'll go back to my place, as I have to give you your umbrella back."

"Cool, sure." I replied, smiling at the thought of seeing her again. "See you soon."

She hung up the call, and I quickly glanced at the time. Half an hour.