Chapter 31

Yoongi and I walked towards the shop, and once we stepped inside I naturally let go of his arm. I found myself hurrying towards my favorite aisle, temporarily forgetting Yoongi in the process.

I really couldn't help myself. Though, once I did notice I left Yoongi behind, I turned around to look for him. He was pretty close by, just observing some type of food on a nearby shelf.

I quickly picked up some ramen. By some, I really mean many packets. By the time I had my arms full with food, Yoongi made his way over to me. He just looked at the food, then to me, blinking slowly.

"Sure you have enough?" Yoongi questioned, taking a few packets from my arms without asking if I needed help, but instead offering it anyways.

"Oh no, I plan to go to the next shop and buy them out too." I replied, showing a small smile in response. "While we're here, do you need anything else?"

"Not necessarily need, but...." Yoongi began, while we started to walk towards the till. Being the only customers, it seemed, meant that we could just put all our items on the counter and wait for a member of staff to come around to scan our items. "Just, hold on."

Yoongi put down the food he was holding, and walked back through a few aisles. I turned back to the front, as I expected a staff member would arrive shortly. I didn't want to be rude by not paying attention and making them wait.

Then as I waited by myself, I looked a little past the counter and saw someone start walking towards the till. Jisung. He didn't make it all the way here, because he stopped mid-walk.

"Ae-Young, have you ever tried these?" I heard Yoongi's voice suddenly ask, as he returned. I barely glanced at Yoongi before looking back to Jisung, wondering why he had stopped. I noticed Jisung took one look at Yoongi and I, and figured we were soulmates. He looked in my direction once more and gave me a nod, before he started walking away, back from where he came from. "Ae-Young, you okay?"

"S-sorry, what were you saying?" I asked, shaking my head in confusion and looking back towards Yoongi.

"What's wrong? Did something happen?" Yoongi was quick to ask, looking a little worried.

"No no, I just..." I began, but didn't continue because a worker came up to us. Not Jisung, but instead someone else. Did he do this?

"Sorry for the wait, just doing a staff change." The lady in front of us stated, showing a bright smile. "Would you like a bag?"

"Yes, please." Yoongi replied, and fished out his wallet.

"Woah, what are you doing Mister?" I questioned, being quick to take mine out as well.

"I figured I'd pay for it all, since I threw in something else." Yoongi began, taking his card out.

"No, no. Just no." I said in response, taking my own card out. "It's more or less all my stuff. Plus, I did ask if you wanted anything else. So it has to be on me."

Yoongi was about to make another argument, but I handed my card over to the cashier in the meantime, which ended the discussion. Yoongi sighed lightly, before putting his card away.

"That means next time is on me." Yoongi said with a small grin. "I can buy you all the ramen in the world, and you aren't allowed to stop me."

"Okay, you're good." I replied, admitting defeat. "I'll just make sure I use these sparingly, so you can't buy me any more."

"Who says I won't anyways?" He replied, showing an adorable smile. I felt myself blush slightly, and instantly looked away, hearing a chuckle as I did so. Only when I looked away, did it occur to me that someone was in our presence.