Chapter 4

"What? Do I have to?" I asked, clearly annoyed at the fact my boss called me, out of everyone. Yet again.

"Well, I'd like you to." My boss replied. "I wasn't given too much information about it, only that it was a shock-

"But why me?" I sighed, not realising I had just interrupted him, until it was too late. But luckily, he didn't seem to notice, or make a big deal of it.

"Because I didn't want to wake anyone else up, that wouldn't be right." He simply said. I can't believe my boss. I don't know why I put up with this.

"So you chose to wake me up instead?"

"Yeah...." He replied. I was going to say no, but he continued speaking. "Please? I'll pay you double."

"Fine, but just this time. And I mean when I say, that this is the last time!" I agreed and ended the call. I groaned in annoyance, once the thought of having to leave my bed came to mind.

Slowly, but eventually, I got up and made my way to my closet. I looked through it, picking out the quickest outfit I could, and threw it on. I didn't even bother to do up my hair, taking my brush, and brushing through it a few times would be enough.

"You look okay, you'll be fine." I said to myself, while looking at my dim reflection in the mirror, for I didn't even bother to turn on the lights.

I took my phone out, and called a taxi. I quickly grabbed the same coat I wore to work today, because it was the closest to where I was. I hurriedly put it on, before taking my keys and exiting my apartment, not forgetting to lock my door behind me.

As I waited for the taxi to arrive, I walked down through the apartment building, and out into the fresh, and extremely cold, breeze. And within only a few minutes, the taxi arrived at the front of the building.

I sighed in relief, as the driver rolled down the window, and asked my name for confirmation. I opened the back door, and slid into the taxi, after giving him my name. The warmth hit me almost immediately, putting me at ease.

"Hello there, Miss. Where am I taking you?" He asked, which reminded me to check my phone, to see if my boss texted me the address I had to get to.

"Uhhh, it's here." I replied, leaning forward, showing him my phone.

"No problem." He said giving me a single nod. I leaned back to my original position, putting on my seatbelt, as the car started to move. I noticed the man hadn't even put the address into his GPS, but continued to drive on. I wonder where this place is.

After a few short minutes, the car came to a hault in front of a huge building. And once I had recognised it, I swiftly took my phone out, to re-check the address. I thought I should ask the driver if this was the right place or not, but quickly thought against it, thinking of how rude it sounded.

"Thank you." I replied, handing over some money, after seeing the fare displayed on the monitor. He also thanked me, as I got out of the car. I took a deep breath in, as I heard the taxi's tires screeching, and a cloud of dust emitting them, as the car took off. No going back now, unless of course, I decide to call another taxi to go home and sleep, which sounds rather tempting at the moment.

I walked up to the entrance, and noticed it was still open at this time. After passing through the twirling doors I walked up to the information desk, only a few meters from where I now stood.

"Hello there. I'm Kwan Ae-Young, and I'm from the Soulmate Bonding Research team. I believe you called us...." I said, trying my very best to sound as formal, and professional, as I possibly could.

"Do you happen to have a badge on you, or something to confirm your position?" He asked, and my eyes widened, remembering how I didn't even think about it. I opened my coat, checking the inside pocket in the hopes of finding it there.

"Here you are." I replied, once I felt it in my hand. Relief washed over me, as I took it out of my pocket, revealing my ID card. I handed it over, as he took a quick glance, before giving me nod.

"Follow me Miss." He advised, walking out of the grand hall. I mentally thanked myself for being lazy enough to grab the closest jacket, at the time. Just this once, my laziness actually paid off.

I walked behind this man, through quite a few halls, until he finally stopped at a door. I waited as the man knocked on the door, before opening it up, to let me in. I walked in, and was met with about 10 other people.

"You're here!" One of them stated, as soon as they looked in my direction.

"Hello, I'm Kwan Ae-Young!" I began to introduce myself, before the man in front of me had also. "I believe you called?"

"Yes, Miss Kwan, thank you for coming! You can call me Sejin." The man before me stated, as I bowed respectfully. "And yes, we did call, so thank you for getting here so quickly, and on such short notice!"

"Oh, of course!" I stated, showing a soft smile. "Who is it that....bonded I'm assuming?"

"That's Namjoon here...." Sejin began, as he walked in the direction of a man in a chair, looking rather ill. "Kim Namjoon."

"Hello....like manager Sejin said, I'm Namjoon." The man who was sitting down on the chair said. I was actually a little shocked, once I looked at him. I did my best at hiding it, but I don't know how well I'm doing. This is the Kim Namjoon, after all.

I couldn't help but notice each of the other six members of BTS, standing or sitting around him, to make sure everything was alright. But before I could go into my own little world, I had to remember I was here to help someone in need first. Namjoon needs my help, so that's exactly what I'll do.

"So how about we start, with how this all began?"

A/N It's a little bit short, sorry about that guys! However, the next chapter will hopefully make up for it, as it will start getting more exciting! I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! I purple you! 💜💜💜