Chapter 38

Yoongi's P.O.V.

The credits rolled, finally bringing the movie to an end. I would have probably got up, maybe started on my way out, seeing how dark it was outside. But with Ae-Young lying on my shoulder asleep, I really didn't want to move. I don't want to wake her.

So I didn't. I found the controller again and turned the TV off. I grabbed my phone from my back pocket, being careful with my movements. It's pretty late now, and I really should be getting back. But I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to stay a little while longer. Sure, the guys and I were all practicing before I came over. But by now, surely they've all finished up.

My initiate thought was to go onto Weverse, talk to ARMY for a bit. I updated them a little, saying I was taking a break today and relaxing. Not entirely wrong. I answered a few questions, commented on the other members' posts too, then I had to accept a couple marriage proposals. You know, the usual.

Then eventually I checked through my phone messages, seeing Joon had texted a few times asking when I'd be back. I sent a quick text back, saying I'd be on my way soon. If Namjoon's asking, it's probably best I start to head on home. I looked at Ae-Young again, who was still soundly asleep. She looked so peaceful.

I decided against waking her. I lifted her head from my shoulder onto the sofa. I stopped moving the second she began to stir, worrying if I so much as breathed, she'd wake. But she stayed asleep. I got up off the sofa, glancing around for any sort of blanket or throw to put over her. I found a fluffy grey one on the back of a chair, opened it up and put it over her.

Then again, she stirred a little. She's a light sleeper. Once I was sure she was still sleeping I began to collect my few possessions from around her home. That would be my coat and my shoes. I walked up to the door, bundled up and ready to head out. Should I leave a note, send a text?

Sending a text feels risky, she might have her notifications on. Maybe I could write a note....but I wouldn't know where she keeps paper and pens, and I don't go around carrying them. I'm sure she'll be fine.

I walked up to her once again. I studied her calm expression, one that was the total opposite of earlier today. I feel like I don't see her at peace enough. I leaned over slightly, gently kissing her forehead as a goodbye. Then back I went to the front door. As quietly as I could, I opened the door and slipped out, closing it over careful not to make much noise. I checked it from the outside to see it was locked, and when I couldn't open it I was content with finally leaving.

I rushed down the steps, missing a few in the process which made me almost trip myself up a handful of times. Soon enough though, I had made it safely out of the building into the dark, cold night. There were few on the streets, so I wasn't too worried about hiding my appearance or anything of the sort.

I would usually take a taxi to get back quicker, but walking just felt like the right thing to do today. I want to give myself enough time to think about how I'll explain myself for my previous actions. When I felt Ae-Young was hurting, while I did tell Namjoon where I was going, I barely explained much further than that. I left pretty abruptly, leaving everyone else wondering where I was off to, and Namjoon to cover for me.

Soon, after what felt like mere seconds went by, I found myself back at the building. I walked through the doors, nodding at the staff member near the door. Obviously he recognised me and let me continue on to the practice rooms. Once I reached there and flung the door wide open, I was met with six pairs of eyes.

"Look who's back." Jin stated with a small chuckle, shaking his head lightly.

"Sorry Hyung, and well... everyone." I replied as I took my coat off and put it to the side.