Chapter 43

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

"Can we talk?" I ask quietly. I look to see Yoongi's expression turn far more serious.

"Yeah, of course." He nods and I give him a small smile of reassurance.

"You can sit down." I say to Yoongi, pointing at a seat in the living room. Yoongi just nods again, and now finds himself a place to sit. "Coffee?"

"Uh, no. I'm fine." Yoongi replies, looking a little worried. "What is it you want to talk to me about?"

"When was the last time we saw each other, Yoongi?" I asked him, joining him in the living room. I say across from him in silence as I waited for an answer.

"I don't know, maybe two weeks ago?" Yoongi guessed, shrugging his shoulders.

"Well, did I do something? Cause that's a long time going without a soulmate, Yoongi." I reply, sighing.

"Yeah, I know..." He replied. Then he stayed silent. No explanation, nothing. He's not even meeting my eyes.

"You're barely in touch with me at all." I continue. "Texting is a rare enough occurrence."

"I-I know." Yoongi agrees. But still, he doesn't expand. Still, he's leaving me clueless as to what I did wrong.

"The last time we were together...you said you'd plan us a date." I say, looking at the ground. I can feel him looking at me now. "If you didn't want to, you could have just-

"Of course I wanted to!" Yoongi replied, cutting me off. "It just got complicated...."

"What's complicated?" I asked, his answer too vague to understand.

"Work, okay?" He replied with a sigh.

"What about work?" I insist. "Is there something so bad going on that you can't talk about it? I don't get it, Yoongi."

"It's nothing, really-

"If it was nothing you wouldn't have cut me off for the past two weeks." I retort. There's a small silence as I wait for a reply. I wonder if I'm pressing him too much for information

"It's just a work thing. Trust me, you won't want to know more than that." Yoongi said in a softer voice. "It's nothing serious..."

"If you don't want to tell me, that's fine." I tell him. "I just want you to know that this thing...the soulmate thing, I want it to work. I want to be able to talk to you and for us to be open with one another. I was really bad at that when we first met and I don't plan on going back to that."

"I get that." Yoongi said with a small nod, getting up. He walked over to me, sat down and put an arm around my shoulder. "This is just one little annoying thing. But once this busy period is over, it'll be better. I promise."

"Okay..." I reply, hugging into Yoongi. "Can I talk to you about something else too?"

"Sure." Yoongi replied with a hum.

"Soomin, my friend...she and I aren't getting along too well." I start explaining, glad to get a bit of this off my chest. "I don't even know what I did wrong."

"Did you trying asking-

"Of course I tried asking her." I interrupt. "But she can't even bare to talk to me."

"Maybe she needs a little space?" Yoongi suggested.

"I just feel like...ever since she got a soulmate and then I got mine...you, it all changed." I continue on. "Am I complaining about my soulmate problems to her too much? Is that it? Have I been too self-centred during it all? I just wish she'd talk to me about it."