Chapter 33

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

"I still can't believe you did that...." Soomin repeated for the fourth time now, opening her tub of ice cream while I searched for a movie to watch.

"I'll admit I could have been kinder about it, but it was long overdue." I replied, my eyes fixed on the TV. "And I guess I might have been emotional, because of the whole soulmate situation. But in my defense, that's not my fault. I can't exactly control what I'm feeling in a situation with my soulmate."

"You're not wrong...." Soomin began. I didn't respond though, cause I sensed a 'but' was about to follow. "But I do think you'll have to apologize."

"Well, I still have my two weeks left." I pondered to myself. "And yeah, I think you're right about the apology."

"What are you going to do after it?" She asked, showing clear worry when she looked towards me. "Do you plan on going back to college?"

"Hopefully." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "Lucky for me, there's still plenty of time to apply before this academic year starts."

"Event planning?" Soomin asked, even though she kind of already knew the answer. I nodded my head lightly and hummed in response. "I see...."

"What?" I sighed, turning myself around to look at her, so she had my full attention. In the past, one night when both of us were blabbering drunks who held nothing back, we had a conversation about what our dream jobs were before pursuing our current career. The moment I mentioned wedding and event planning, she gave a brutal response that I don't even want to think about repeating. "Do enlighten me as to why you're against this, again."

"Well, it's going to be tricky." She began. "It isn't exactly the safest way to earn an income, is it? Imagine how long you'll have to wait to get customers if you plan on setting up a business. And there aren't very many people looking to hire in that industry. And then you'll need to work somewhere while you're studying, so you can pay rent. It just isn't ideal."

"I appreciate your feedback, and I understand your concern. I know that it'll be difficult. Impossible, maybe." I replied, after taking a minute to think. "I'll find a part-time job, I'll ask around for anyone who is willing to take on someone for experience. And if I fail, I fail. I just want to give it a go."

"But then what if-

"Then by that time I'll have a backup plan." I interrupted. At this point, I could feel myself getting a little annoyed and wanted the topic to change. "Let's not talk about this anymore. Why don't you choose the movie instead?"

"Alright...." Soomin replied, shuffling over to me. She took the remote and pointed it towards the TV. But before she did anything else, her left arm wrapped around my shoulders in a side hug. "I believe in you."

"Ae-Young!" A voice shouted, following a sudden bright light blinding me as I attempted to open my eyes. I managed to open me eyes eventually, seeing Soomin hovering above me and repeatedly tapping her watch. "It's time you were up."

"Good morning to you too...." I groaned, tossing around to my other side to shield myself from the light that was still as bright as ever. "Please....turn off the light."

"Nope." Soomin replied walking out of the room, only to return a moment later to open my window. The room almost instantly got colder, making me want to sink into my covers more, rather than leave them. "You need to get up."

"Okay, okay." I barely managed to say, as I felt myself kind of drifting back to sleep. Soomin had stayed the night because we stayed up so late watching this new K-Drama. As a result, we barely slept. It's not a problem for Soomin, because she's some sort of superhuman who can function perfectly with minimal sleep. Myself on the other hand....I don't think I even need to explain that one.