Chapter 39

Ae-Young's P.O.V.

My eyes opened suddenly, and they wandered around the room I was in. The living room? It took me a minute to realise why I was lying on the couch instead of my far more comfortable bed. Then when I sat up, my blanket falling off me a little, I remembered. Yoongi was here.

Was of course, because he's nowhere to be seen. I looked around, hearing no noise coming from anywhere, apart from my own breath and heart beat obviously, which were both oddly loud. He was definitely gone. I couldn't help but feel a slight bit disappointed, even though I knew I probably shouldn't. I shouldn't have expected him to stay the night, that would be daft. Wouldn't it? And far too soon anyways.

I finally got up from the couch, a shooting pain coming up my back. Nothing I can't deal with, but still a clear warning to sleep nowhere but my own bed from now on. I don't plan to stray from that ever again. I paced about my apartment thinking back to last night, the events replaying in my mind, as they tend to do.

Out of everything that happened yesterday, one thing stood out. The shop. Jisung. I meant to go back, hand in my form and all. I completely forgot about it last night with Yoongi here. So with that, I quickly got to work on it.

I didn't have to worry so much about timing, it being the weekend. I couldn't have made a great impression yesterday, failing to follow up on such a simple task. I hope I don't lose points for that...

Once I had a proper resume typed up and printed, I quickly got ready. I hurried to get washed and changed-

The second I had everything ready, I basically ran out the door

The second I had everything ready, I basically ran out the door. I sped down the stairs, jumping over a few in my rush. Luckily I didn't trip or fall over, which was a very likely outcome due to my recklessness.

Soon enough I exited the building and reached the shop. I walked in and looked around every aisle, seeing if I could spot Jisung anywhere. After a few minutes I still couldn't find him. By this point I had given up and walked up to the til to speak to the lady who stood there now.

"Hello, I was told I could bring this in..." I said, holding up the piece of paper that was in my hand.

"You're looking for a job?" She asked with a bright smile, taking it from me.

"Hopefully." I agreed, returning the smile. "Do I have much competition?"

"Oh, a little." The lady said with a small giggle. "But most are students. The owner isn't fond of taking students in, he says he can't rely on them."

"I guess that's good for me then." I replied, half-joking. It's technically good for me, though I can't help but feel bad for the students. I was in that position too once, and it was also rather difficult for me to find somewhere to work.