Chapter 1

In the year 2126 AD, a game called YGGDRASIL was released. Many players immediately hopped on it to see the promise of it being the most popular DMMO-RPG. One of the players was me, (Y/N) (L/N).

The game sure had promise, giving us extensive freedom in choices, gear, characters, and many more. But what got me the most was the NPC building mechanic. You can create almost anything! Custom looks, race, powers, items, even down to personality. Sure they can't react or move like a living being, but putting the character's characteristics and behaviors in the description can help.

Many players already got ideas for their NPC creations. Some, making overly sexy girls that are a feast for the eyes. And others, making fear-inducing or strong-looking characters. But, me. I wanted to revive an old classic.

Resident Evil. A video game series iconic among gamers in the 2000s, starting the first game in 1996. But sadly, the developers stopped releasing new additions in 2021. But the old games can still be played via online download or emulators.

The game was a horror-action type game that had iconic characters and awesome bosses and enemies. Sure, the graphics were a little bit outdated, but it was fun playing nonetheless. I hoped I was alive at its initial releases.

So, there I was, planning to recreate the enemies in Resident Evil. But I couldn't do it alone, so I made a guild, recruiting other fans of the old forgotten classic to help me. What kind of a fan would I be if I didn't name it Umbrella Corporation.

The requirements were simple.

First, your character had to be human to retain an act as scientists playing with a virus and creating monstrosities. Second, you have to be diligent and determined to helping the guild. And third, you must have extensive knowledge of Resident Evil, the lore, and all that kind of stuff.

Out of all the many players who wanted to join, only thirty passed and were officially members of Umbrella Corporation. The tasks were split off into 5 members. Each group worked on a single game, recreating its enemies and bosses.

Our guild became famous! Many followed, wanting to recreate their own rendition of reviving old classics like Devil May Cry, Dead by Daylight, and many other games. But not one of them succeeded. They either disbanded before any progress was made or were bored and stopped halfway.

We were also on the verge of disbanding the guild. Because the mechanics of each character and the Virus itself was hard to recreate in a game full of magic and not mutations.

But, we were lucky enough to be noticed by the developers. One of the developers, who were also a Resident Evil fan, pushed to get us private customization called Viruses. The same developer spent months making the mechanic that matches how the Virus worked in Resident Evil games.

He was successful, with the help of the members of Umbrella Corporation. But all that work was almost thrown out the window. Since the new race called Virus was given to us privately. It showed great power, mutating into creatures far stronger than magic can defeat.

So an outrage was born. Players didn't like the power it has given our guild. So, the developer gave us a disability. Those NPCs that are Virus-type cannot use magic. They have to rely on mutations and sheer strength to fight.

We weren't doing it to get strong. We were doing it to recreate the old game. So we immediately accepted. But the players weren't still satisfied. They wanted to make the Virus publicly used, not just to us, even though we were already given a disability.

It was publicized and can now be used by everyone. The only problem is the majority of players don't know how to operate it properly. They could make measly zombies that were useless, so they instantly dropped it.

Many years have passed, and we already finished it. But our standing as a guild has also increased since we fought in guild wars, fighting over world items we need, we would participate but only if the reward is crucial for our progress. Even though we had a disability, the monsters we created or copied still overpowered many guilds. The players couldn't argue or report now since all can use it. It only matters who has the power to manipulate the Virus into something powerful, and we perfected that.

During the skirmishes, events, dungeons, and wars. Many have fallen at the strength of Umbrella Corporation. Only some guilds had the power to go toe to toe and win. The main one was Ainz Ooal Gown, a guild full of players that chose heteromorphic race as their appearance. They were powerful and intelligent on the battlefield.

The battles always end up with one winning. Sometimes, Ainz Ooal Gown won, sometimes Umbrella Corporation won. They were two of the guilds no one didn't want to mess around with.

And about Umbrella Corporation. It is located in a dungeon that was a maze. The inside looked like a laboratory, having clean white walls and tiled floors. Observatory rooms, experiment room, and player rooms, it wasn't that beautiful as other guilds would make it, but their purpose is to recreate a laboratory look.

The guild was different from the others since most guilds put their main base on the ground floor, with the NPCs as guardians on the top floors. Umbrella Corporation made its base of operations on the first floor and hid the treasures on the last floor.

The first floor can be easily infiltrated, but it proved impossible to steal anything since you have to go to tons of powerful NPC Viruses before you could even reach the treasury. The members of the Umbrella Corporation mostly hid in a bunker on the last floor, watching the players get mutilated by their creations as they trek down to the treasury.

The days of building the NPCs and the guild base itself were fun. After, there was nothing to do anymore. Most of the members left and sought other guilds that were active in battles and events. Only five remained, and now that the game is nearing its end, only one member was left, the creator (Y/N) (L/N).

<><><>

So, here it is.

Suggest the characters you want to be NPCs here.