Chapter 27

(Y/N) breathed out in relief, stepping his foot on familiar grass. Though he acted brave, the battle earlier took most of his courage, seeing his Creations battle it out.

"I'm not used to seeing you go toe to toe with others." (Y/N) chuckled, wiping the sweat off his brow, "Though I am proud of what you showed me."

(Y/N) kneels in front of the others, surprising the Subjects. They were all shocked, seeing the one they looked up to, kneeling in front of them.

"It's nothing, Creator. It's really nothing. We're just doing our best for the greater good of Umbrella Corporation." Deborah said, still recovering from shock.

"Nonetheless, I am thankful to have all of you by my side." (Y/N) said, standing up.

Elena and Cere came running in. The former, looking for her brother, "Where is he? Is he hurt badly?" Elena pushed through.

(Y/N) presented Allen, bound and unconscious. Though he vowed to be a member of his cause. It is still no assurance he won't try anything.

"We had to knock him out. Better that than him getting ideas, giving me no choice but to murder him." (Y/N) laughed, passing the unconscious Allen to Alcina.

"But you'll have to wait until you get your reunion. I still need to find a way to disable his Hive Mind." (Y/N) continued, surprising Elena.

"But we don't have a Hive Mind connected to each other! That's why we have meetings weekly to report progress." Cere argued.

"But you still have a connection to each of your infected." (Y/N) reasoned.

"How about us. Why didn't you block out our Hive Mind!?" Elena said, trying to find a hole in his logic.

"Because quite frankly, I already have control over you." (Y/N) chuckled, mutating his right hand into the Witch's claws. And his left, being covered in thick fungi akin to Bloaters.

The two girls were surprised. Not only was he able to upgrade and control their Mutations, but he also embedded them into himself.

"I can wake your brother up early if you would so kindly tell me what the source of his mutations is." (Y/N) said, "I could easily gain control, giving me no risks in letting him roam."

Elena tried to remember. But she couldn't pinpoint what medium his brother used for infecting.

"By the look on your face, it's a no. Your brother will stay in this state until I either find his source of power, or I block his ability to connect to his Hive Mind." (Y/N) said, leaving with Alcina and the others.

"Doesn't (Y/N) feel like he's shifting between two personalities?" Cere asked. Her previous chats with the Scientist weren't so... chilling.

"I can tell. (Y/N)'s always cheerful and carefree, but in a snap, he turns serious and dark." Elena said, watching the group walk towards the entrance to the laboratories.

(Y/N) walks with the others, chatting, complementing each other's battle prowess. But someone contacted the Scientist.

"(Y/N). After our recent battle with Shalltear and her revival, she'd been depressed. Quite weirdly, she kept requesting me to see you." Ainz explained.

(Y/N)'s infected heart almost stopped. This kind of weird effect on Shalltear can cause suspicion. He needs to act quickly.

"It might be the effect of resurrection, Ainz. We don't know how this world affects the in-game spells." (Y/N) reasoned, faking a chuckle, "Though I will visit to see for myself."