Chapter 22

(Y/N) left his Kingdom and made Elena a temporary caretaker to train her in both survival and leadership. His goal is to see the progress of the little village and to fetch his subjects for lockdown.

Looking over the Great Forest of Tob, he spots a clearing he didn't remember passing by before. He stops and uses his enhanced vision.

"I-Is that the dark elf Ainz commands?" He pondered, flying closer, "It really is her! What is she doing this far from Nazarick?"

(Y/N) flies down and lands beside the girl, surprising her. Upon closer inspection, he forgot who this one was, "It still confuses me... are you, Mare?" He asked, scratching his head.

The dark elf, in return, giggles at the confusion, "No, sir. I'm Aura. Mare is my brother." Aura answered. (Y/N) silently chuckles, remembering that Mare is a boy... confusing indeed.

"If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of the construction here?" He asked. Mare is reluctant, going over the specific commands given to her.

"You may not answer if you are not permitted to." (Y/N) added, feeling pity for the girl who is slowly malfunctioning from overthinking.

"Forgive me. Lady Albedo gave me no permission to disclose our plan here." She said, bowing in front of (Y/N) who laughed.

"Don't worry." He said, "But do tell Ainz to contact me if he's available. I don't want to take his time too much." He continued, patting the girl's head before flying away.

"What a polite little girl." (Y/N) mumbled, continuing his flight towards his newly created village.

▲▼▲▼▲

He arrives and lands on the gate of the village. The Ganados sees him and opens the gate immediately. (Y/N) nods and walks in, seeing differences from the first time he visited.

He walks to the church immediately and opens the secret entrance that leads underground. He walks down and is relieved to see all of them there, less time to look.

"Creator. What brings you back here?" Saddler said, bowing with his associates.

"I came to see the progress and to take you all back home." (Y/N) bluntly said. He doesn't want to waste that much time. And he certainly doesn't want to see Elena dead on the ground once he returns.

"Did we do something wrong, Creator?" Bitorez asked. He is surprised by the sudden callback.

"No. It seems... bringing Elena with me brought some unnecessary attention. You are all in grave danger here and must return home immediately." He said.

From what Elena had revealed, there were three or more members of this council of Viruses, and each had their own roster of infected. Extreme precaution must be taken.

"I knew taking in that little twerp was nothing but trouble." Ramon Salazar voiced out. (Y/N) shakes his head.

"Elena is not at fault here, gentlemen. I want all of you to understand that. Now, we must go." (Y/N) ordered. The three nod in understanding.

"I will just gather up the Novistadors and Ga-." Bitorez said. (Y/N) cut him off.

"No. We shall leave Novistadors and Ganados here to continue the construction." (Y/N) said. The three stare at him in confusion.

"Don't mistake my decision for recklessness, gentlemen. Our infected can be replicated. The three of you can't." He said, beckoning the three to follow him outside.