Chapter 2

"Last day... no one even bothered to show up or even go online. I guess I'll just admire the fruits of our labor myself." (Y/N) sadly said, walking to the elevator down to the floors in the dungeon.

The infiltrators will have to traverse the caverns while the members have secretly placed elevators to access every level.

"Which floor do I check before the shutdown?" (Y/N) asked, looking at all the selections. Each floor contained a game from the Resident Evil Franchise.

"Ah! There! Resident Evil Village, the project I worked on with many others." (Y/N) stated, once again feeling sad at the mention of colleagues.

He pushed the button and entered. After a couple of seconds inside the quiet elevator, he arrived. The area was massive. But not enough to fit the whole original game map. Their plan was to make the areas into the games, but that proved too difficult since the space given inside the dungeon they took was limited.

"I wish we were given a chance to actually make the areas, but we already broke too many rules. The players will think the devs are unfair." (Y/N) said, looking at the area as he remembers the plans and layouts they were planning before it was all scrapped.

So, rather than the same scenery and iconic places from the games. We were forced to make our own. The areas are most likely forests or swamps with hidden entrances underneath that housed the creatures and NPCs currently guarding it.

"Oh, how the players who tried to attack were surprised at popping up zombies and weird mutations." (Y/N) reminisced, laughing slightly.

"I didn't even have the time to see the capabilities of my own creation since infiltrators only reach the sixth floor before dying... and now, I may never see it ever." (Y/N) said, almost tearing up.

He walked through the forest and pushed something on a nearby rock. A hidden entrance opened. The inside was lab-like too. He walked down the stairs and saw the Lycans he made, all dormant, waiting for a target.

"Beautiful creations." (Y/N) said, looking closer at a Lycan. He walked around it, admiring his own work.

(Y/N) walked towards the farther part of the underground lab for the RE Village area, passing through the other creatures his colleagues made and found the airlock doors. He opened it via keycard, an item they made only for members.

"My precious!" (Y/N) proudly said as the doors opened, showing him his addition to the characters, Lady Alcina Dimitrescu and her three daughters Bela, Cassandra, Daniela.

He looked farther back and saw the others, Dona Beneviento and Angie, Salvatore Moreau, Karl Heisenberg, and Mother Miranda. He walked towards each one. In awe at how detailed his colleagues made them before walking back to Dimitrescu.

"The stature and height will always be a thing of wonder." (Y/N) laughed. He looked so short beside Alcina... I guess everyone will.

"Imagine if she moved like a real person in this game, I wouldn't even be able to go near her out of fear." (Y/N) joked, shivering slightly at seeing this character come to life.

He opened the description of Alcina Dimitrescu. It housed her personality, how she's regal and always thinks lowly of those she thinks are beneath her. He scrolled down and saw the last line of text.

"Though powerful. They will never betray those who created them and will follow their orders as well as the utmost respect and loyalty to them." (Y/N) read, laughing at the description.