Chapter 26

"So... your brother? Will he be an easier person to persuade?" (Y/N) asked, sitting with Elena and Cere to plan the future actions.

Of course, the first target would be Allen. He's one of the strongest amongst the other Viruses. Considering the Scientist has his sister, Elena, he can persuade this man to his side.

"No. Even if you have me, Allen's pride and devotion to their group's cause will be his top priority." Elena admitted, feeling a sting in her heart.

"Oh?" (Y/N) said in surprise, "So this highly brother you speak of really has no regard for you." He continued, pouring salt to the wound.

"I-I won't word it that way. Allen loves Elena, but if it meant the eradication of their council, he'd rather pick it than her." Cere explained, trying to soften the blow.

"Well, I can feel the sentiment, but still... for me, family goes first." (Y/N) said, "If this Kingdom is set to burn to the ground, then I'll probably save my Subjects first." The Scientist admitted.

"The walls and everything can be replaced, but a life cannot." (Y/N) continued, voicing out his opinions.

Cere glared at him, and the Scientist redirected the conversation. He, too saw, how gloomy Elena looked after that awful conversation about how Allen would prefer to save his colleagues than his own sister.

"Well. How do you propose I take down your brother? I know you love him too much for me not to kill him, but if he's not going to kneel, then I'd have no choice." (Y/N) said, raising his hands in frustration.

"My brother is an advocate of power. He respects it than most." Elena said, "This is the reason why he wanted me to live for myself. He didn't want me being seen as the weak link." Elena continued.

"He will submit! Make him kneel! Make him feel weak, just how he made me when he threw me out." Elena said, finally breaking down.

The latest realization that these Viruses were created by Raziel, a past member and a good friend of his, really pained him. To see this kind of treatment... he just can't let Allen stand for his crimes unpunished.

"I'll leave you two in private." (Y/N) said, nodding to Cere before leaving the room.

He felt a tinge of anger and sympathy for Elena. He was also subjected to harsh words, insults from his family whenever he fucks up, who weren't. But what Allen did is almost unforgivable.

"Creator?" He heard a beautiful, almost angelic voice. Snapping him out of his thoughts

"Oh, Deborah. Now that you're here... let's plan our upcoming attack." (Y/N) said.

"Of course, Creator. Who do you want to dispatch our first target?" Deborah asked.

"I will be joining you in this endeavor, Deborah." (Y/N) said. Deborah was caught off guard.

"Us? Creator?" Deborah asked. Being the one always in charge of managing the operations, she hadn't anticipated that she would be the first to clash with the enemy.

"Yes. Gather your colleagues from the ninth floor." (Y/N) ordered. Deborah nodded and kneeled.

"Shall I bring the J'avos?" She asked. (Y/N) shook his head.

"No. Our infected will only be used for human or monster enemies. Sending them out for big targets like these is wasteful." (Y/N) said. Deborah nodded in understanding and left.