Chapter 17

(Y/N) woke up, he is back in the throne room with Ainz and Albedo standing to the left of him. He stands up and scratches the back of his head.

"Sorry I passed out. Something must've overridden my brain and caused it to malfunction." (Y/N) laughed awkwardly before looking at the two.

"No worries, it actually saved us the effort of concealing the contents of the treasury." Ainz dismissed, "Though, we have some kind of problem." He continued, gesturing up top.

Ainz used the mirror of remote viewing and gave you a look, "It seems your brain blacking out sent a signal to your children that something has happened to you. I suggest you calm your NPCs down before things become too violent." Ainz stated.

(Y/N)'s mouth was agape. Outside the tomb were almost all of his subjects. All are carrying militias of the Virus presented on each of their floors. The three Dimitrescu sisters were already there with their mother.

(Y/N) facepalmed and stared at Ainz, "Open a portal to the surface, please." He requested, and Ainz did so. (Y/N) stepped outside and was immediately held tightly by Deborah.

"I-I'm fine, guys. Just a little misunderstanding." (Y/N) said, which made all the subjects jump for joy at hearing that it was only a misunderstanding.

Ainz watched in interest, seeing (Y/N) surrounded and hugged as if he's part of their family and not an almighty god like him. He was actually a bit jealous of the relationship he's seeing.

(Y/N) quickly took away the misunderstanding and made sure that all were reassured of his condition. The Scientist' subjects all returned back along with their minions without anyone hurt.

"Sorry for the inconvenience. They're really just overprotective of their only creator. I'm sure you're familiar with it too, Ainz." (Y/N) said, knowing Ainz is the only member of their Guild who stayed.

'So that was this man's army... powerful.' Albedo thought. She caught glances of the forces outside despite Ainz orders not to have anyone go out and provoke war.

"Speaking of overprotectiveness..." Ainz said, staring at Albedo, "Albedo has a request for you, (Y/N). Go ahead, Albedo." Ainz continued. It has garnered his attention that someone who viewed you as an enemy is now requesting something.

"Shalltear's condition required us to kill her for things to go back to normal." She said, surprising (Y/N)... so it did come to the point of killing her to remove the spell, something he knew considering it had been done by a World Item.

"And Lord Ainz has volunteered to do so despite my pleas. I would like to request that if somethings go wrong, you can shoulder the fight and make sure Ainz returns to us." Albedo requested, kneeling in front of (Y/N)... wow.

"Well, considering that all I've fought before now couldn't even stand up to a weak mutation, I would certainly love to! Well, if Ainz would like my company." (Y/N) said, smiling at Ainz, who expected him to turn it down.

"Wonderful!" Albedo replied, now feeling better than before. (Y/N) walked closer to Ainz and asked if it was actually okay, and he agreed... reluctantly.

<Timeskip>

"Don't worry, Ainz. I won't steal your spotlight. I'm just a contingency plan for when you can't handle it." (Y/N) reassured. Ainz told him the reason why he wants to do this, and the Scientist accepted his explanation.