Chapter 14

The Tomb of Nazarick was beautiful. Seeing these almost handcrafted sceneries per floor is astonishing... but what the World Item made using the team's blueprints in the Umbrella Corporation will always be the best.

"Any chance you will get me out of these cuffs?" (Y/N) asked, raising his hands. The girls still thought of cuffing him even though you have already proven that you can break it... so you just played along.

The maid with glasses on turned around and glared at you, "Okay, fine. Safety, and all that crap." (Y/N) sighed, putting down his hands before giving the girls a bored expression.

Ainz NPCs are intelligent. Not one piece of information has been disclosed or accidentally said by these girls, knowing how powerful you are. They just sort of talk in body language, making sure not to spill anything.

"So these are your rooms... I'm kind of jealous." (Y/N) said, staring at the doors that lead to each NPC's rooms. He could feel those king-size beds while he had those rickety bunk beds.

"Uhh, Deborah. If any of you are skilled in making beds... kindly make me a soft mattress and pillows." (Y/N) requested through the Hive Mind. Now he actually has something to look forward to at home.

"We'll try, Creator." Deborah honestly answered, unsure if there are those with them skilled in sewing.

"Thank you, Deborah." (Y/N) showed his gratitude for the service he's getting, especially for a request just for him.

(Y/N) pulled out of the Hive Mind, seeing as he's already in the Throne Room. He looks ahead and saw Ainz stressing around something. The succubus walked forward and kneeled down to Ainz. The other maids kneeled down too, forcing you to kneel also, but you didn't budge.

Ainz gestured them to stop and step to the side. The succubus walked to his side while the maids reluctantly situated themselves on the sidelines. (Y/N) smirked and broke the cuffs.

"(Y/N)? Isn't it too early for your attack... and alone too." Ainz teased, seeing (Y/N) in front of him, no guards or NPCs to back him up.

"No, not for an attack. I came here to solidify our alliance." (Y/N) said, swallowing his pride completely as those words left his lips. He stared at Ainz and smiled.

"Alliance? I'm afraid we have never spoken of such matters. I only remember you postponing our inevitable war as you said." Ainz stated. No facial expression could be seen, but (Y/N) could feel Ainz glaring at him.

"That? Take no mind to that." (Y/N) laughed, "See. I've been thinking. If you are here, that means there are some other wretched beings out there." (Y/N) said, feeling the girls glare at him for his wording.

"So? What do you propose? I'm sure the almighty Umbrella Corporation is too afraid of a fight." Ainz teased, trying to provoke you. But you shrugged it off.

"Well... yes and no." (Y/N) answered truthfully, looking to the side, "I'd fight all the wars needed to fight, but I'd like to fight them alone. I don't want to risk my children to battle." (Y/N) said in sorrow.

These children of his are the sweat and blood of each member of the Umbrella Corporation... if they get wiped out... then (Y/N) would have nothing to remember them by.

"I'm sure you understand that what our friends have made aren't just disposable pawns but actual treasures to keep." (Y/N) said without a hint of reluctance.