Chapter 23

While Ainz Ooal Gown and Umbrella Corporation are having a get-together, another faction is doing the same... but the motives are a lot less cheerful.

Mercer, Harran, Allen, and Cateline are back in the meeting room. This time, two people are with them. Cere and Lucus.

Lucus is a robust blonde man with a bloated belly. His regal outfit has him looking like a baron of a kingdom, a match with his prideful and exceedingly boastful attitude.

Cere is a redhead woman that looks the same age as Elena. She wears commoner clothes as to not stand out in the crowd. Compared to Lucus, she is quiet, calculating, but emotionally vulnerable.

"Now that we are all here. Let us commence this meeting. Cateline will fill you up on where we are now." Mercer said, wanting everyone to participate and take this one seriously.

"We are currently at war with someone. A Virus that is weirdly not from the Lab. His identity is unknown, as well as his mutations." Cateline started.

"After Harran's ridiculous attempt at trying to spy, he now has three mutations from Harran, and I don't doubt he knows we exist." Cateline continued, grinning at Harran, who scoffs at the mention of his failure.

"He also has a hold of Elena. Knowing how weak the girl is, she probably spilled all the info about us already." Cateline added, now taking a jab at Allen and his sister.

"Would you refrain from starting another argument, Cateline? I don't want this meeting ending up like the rest." Mercer commented, glaring at Cateline. The lady stares to the side nervously before nodding.

"Well, this individual is... interesting. But why couldn't we just recruit him? Surely a man of his stature would be grateful to be with us." Lucus interjected, thinking Cateline was already done with the briefing.

"Cateline, continue." Mercer simply said.

"This individual has a kingdom at his disposal. Not to mention that he built this place from the ground up without any help from the neighboring kingdoms. And now he's expanding territory. A village had just been built near E-Rantel." Cateline finished. Saying Lucus was surprised is an understatement.

So surprised that all glossed over the fact that he had a vulnerable village near E-Rantel without any protection.

"Now. How do we find out more about this man without risking our Mutations falling into enemy hands." Mercer said, not taking any mentions of Harran.

"What kingdom is near his?" Cere spoke up after a couple of seconds, stressing over her friend who was in the hands of an enemy.

"From Harran's report, his kingdom is near Slane Theocracy." Mercer answered, eliciting a sound of surprise from Cere.

"Brave." Lucus noted. No Virus dares to acquire a domain near the Theocracy since their human beliefs tend to destroy any non-human stepping near their kingdom.

Sure, Viruses have the power to shapeshift, but they can't risk it considering the Theocracy's manpower, strong individuals, and battle prowess.

"And the fact that he was able to build a kingdom near Slane is evidence enough of his skill." Allen added, a first-hand recipient of the Theocracy's power.

"He's either really skilled in stealth, or his army is incredible to withstand such an attack from the Theocracy." Cateline continued with slight envy, drinking from a wine glass filled with blood.