Chapter 33

Music plays across the courtyard while Y/N stands beside Alcina, trying her best to smile while she makes conversation with the pathetic nobles.

All they did was talk about the recent events and their woes, which couldn't even be compared to the hardships the peasants endured in the Kingdom. But this is the high life. No matter how much the Scientist hated it, he needed to do it for Umbrella to take a foothold in this Kingdom.

Y/N looks at the courtyard, eyes peering at the sheer number of nobility. If he hadn't been to the lower levels of the Re-Estize, he would have deduced that this Kingdom contains only the rich.

But the required number has been achieved.

"Duvall, do it." The Scientist commanded. While he's not on board with Duvall's beauty attracting attention, it was not beyond the Scientist to brag Umbrella's Corp's creations.

Duvall walks out as planned. While not in his full Adamantite gear, he still wore an outfit befitting of security. He seems to take the crowd by surprise, especially those who have already had the chance to gaze at his inhuman beauty.

He immediately walks to Alcina and whispers something to her. Alcina cuts her conversation off with a noblewoman, not that it would matter as Duvall already enchanted her.

As quickly as he arrived, he left with Alcina in tow. You follow, releasing a weak chuckle upon seeing the reactions.

Inside, Arbor Baum stood idly, waiting for his Creator's command.

"Lighten up, Baum. You look like a parasite inside you is controlling you." Y/N joked as the man stood still.

"It is the day of our partnership. I would've wanted a takeover, but we'd be stepping across our boundaries here." He says, dusting him off.

"Well, in our eyes, it is a takeover." Excella Gione said, walking towards Baum and resting her hand on his shoulder.

Y/N hears Heisenberg's booming voice on the balcony, "Good evening! Ladies and gentlemen, we thank you for waiting. And now, let us commence the ceremony!"

The crowd goes silent, not anticipating an announcement, nor was it on the invitation given to them and their families. The nobles start to mutter with themselves,

"We thought it was just a welcoming party to get on our good side." A noble mutters, getting agreements from the others.

Alcina suddenly stands up, completely silencing the area. Only some nobility had seen her, and those who didn't were immediately captivated by her unmatched stature and beauty.

"Following the unknown attacks here in Re-Estize, we know that many people, even nobility, have been clamoring for a good supply of building materials."

"The ones responsible for the attack had left the Kingdom demolished. So I implore you to look around. The once filthy sex district of the now defunct Six Arms crime syndicate has been rebuilt and refurbished to our standards." Alcina says, making everyone look around the area.

Excella walks forward from behind Alcina and continues the speech for her, "Aren't the lumber and the marble floor lovely?" She asks, getting some nods.

"Take note of how refined it is, devoid of imperfections. Have a gander and see the durability of the walls and floor of this establishment." She says, making the crowd look around in hesitation.

Gione laughs, "Please, have at it, kick the walls, stomp the floor, dent it with a knife or a fork. Just try." She says, ushering the people.