Chapter 21

"So, you're telling me that there is a council of Viruses out there." (Y/N) asked, interrogating Elena alone. All blame we're directed at her after the incident.

"Yes." Elena simply answered.

"And is this council... similar to you, or do they have their own variations of the Virus." He continued the interrogation. So far, Elena's been honest.

"Each member has their own place, or a domain as they call it. Previous towns governed by the Kingdoms, now controlled by them." Elena explained, wishing she had one too.

"And how do these council members acquire the cities without the interference of the Large Kingdoms." (Y/N) asked, confused. How easy is it to acquire a whole town without the King noticing?

"They lay waste first to the town. Kill everything, destroy everything and hide immediately." Elena started. Seeing firsthand how her adoptive brother took his domain.

"The King or noble will call investigate but will suddenly lose interest once they see that nothing can be salvaged or saved." She continued, garnering the interest of (Y/N).

"The ruler will then sell the land for a low price, seeing all the reconstruction needed." She added. (Y/N) was in disbelief... why didn't he think of that?

"Then the members of the council will buy the land and make it a base." (Y/N) continued, understanding the concept.

"How do they reproduce or make more infected?" (Y/N) asked. Theirs were through the usage of Mold and C-Virus.

"They have no capabilities whatsoever. I don't know how they do it, but my brother rebuilt the town and housed people in it." Elena answered, not needed to continue as (Y/N) already got the concept.

"Brother?" (Y/N) asked, confused as to why Elena would leave the group if she had family in it.

"My adoptive brother, Allen, is one of the members. He has four domains." Elena bluntly answered. She still loved her brother, and revealing too much might make him a target.

"How did they find you? Are the Viruses here casually spawning, or did they make you?" (Y/N) asked. It's impossible that Viruses just spawn.

Back in Yggdrasil, you can't find Viruses spawning around. You have to buy the base material to build one and can only encounter one in the arms of another Guild or player.

"They made me... My brother explained that he was genetically made too. But that's as far as he revealed." Elena answered. (Y/N) narrowed her eyes at Elena, though it seems like she's not hiding something.

"Back to your brother. Why did you leave them, even if you had family back there?" (Y/N) asked, seeing if she'd reveal this without any convincing.

"Cateline..." Elena growled, clenching her fists in anger. She stared at (Y/N), he nodded, waiting for her to elaborate.

"There's this Virus named Cateline. She was always adamant about throwing me out because I was physically weak." Elena answered with tears forming in her eyes. (Y/N) felt bad calling her inferior earlier.

"So that's why you left." (Y/N) said comfortingly, patting Elena's back as she cried her eyes out.

"No. I didn't leave... I... I wanted to prove how strong I was and tried to take over E-Rantel. Its size and protection made it a golden target for us Viruses." She answered, gritting her teeth in anger.