Chapter 9

"I will never forget the days I spent with them." (Y/N) heard Momon say using his enhanced hearing.

"It seems Momonga also misses his friends." (Y/N) said, but he remembered that what he and his members had was just a mutual goal, "tch, who needs them." He muttered, kicking a pebble.

(Y/N) walked back to the campfire and saw the girls conversing with Dyne. He smiled. They are actually kind of nice... maybe being in that damned castle all for so many years warps you.

"Mr. Momon... Someday, I am sure you will find allies like them again!" Ninya reassured, trying to lighten up the mood.

"That day will never come." Momon says, shutting down her optimism. Ninya just looks at him in regret, "Excuse me." Momon said, leaving.

"Nabe, I will eat over there." Momon stated, leaving the campfire.

"Then, I shall join you." Nabe said, standing up before following Momon.

"I see." Lukrut muttered, feeling regretful for bringing up the concept of allies with Momon.

"I said something I shouldn't have." Ninya said, feeling regretful.

"Yes, something must have happened." Dyne agreed.

"They are probably all gone." Peter added, "People who've lost all their comrades in battle give off that aura." He continued.

"That's a hard thing to deal with." Lukrut said, "What about you, (F/N)? Did you have allies like Momon?" He asked.

"Lukrut, I don't think that's a good topic to talk about right now." Dyne said, not wanting to ruin the mood for (Y/N) too.

"Allies? No. Partners? Yes." (Y/N) answered. The girls all resting their heads on his lap.

"What do you mean?" Peter asked, genuinely puzzled by his answer.

"We were partners. Did everything together, had a common goal... but we weren't friends. None of us were. After our goal was finished... they just left." (Y/N) explained, feeling a slight sting in his mutated heart.

"That must've been hard." Lukrut commented, looking deep into the fire.

"It was. But not as hard as what Momon is experiencing right now." (Y/N) said, pointing to the man, "Yes, it saddened me that they left. But no connection would give me pain. Unlike him." He continued.

(Y/N) looked down and saw the three already asleep. He picked them up one by one and laid them down. (Y/N) stretched and stared at the forest.

"Kindly look over my sisters for now... I'm just going to take a stroll in the forest." (Y/N) shakily said before running to the forest. He arrived in the middle and punched a tree, his hand piercing it.

"God, why does it hurt so much!?" He cried silently, "There weren't any ties that would make me want them back... So why!?" (Y/N) cried, sitting down in the forest.

"Creator? Is something the matter?" (Y/N) heard someone say. He forgot he was still connected to the Hive Mind.

"It's nothing... Moreau." (Y/N) replied, sniffling as he stood up.

"You know, Creator. I don't have any familial ties with Mother Miranda... but I still consider her my mother." Moreau said, sounding sorrowful.