27 - revision

Edited

Rosetta's POV:

Exams are the least of my worries right now.

I keep repeating this mantra in my head and using it in response to Lily's incessant nagging about revising for these insignificant mocks, oh and Remus has been the same much to my annoyance.

What's on my mind you ask, well my brother, that's for sure. It felt like he was actually there, in the dream that is, as if our souls connected.

I know he's not dead, well I hope he's not dead.

I'm determined to find out regardless but my constant presence in the library and my tendency to skip meals is raising alarm bells for my sister and my two best friends meaning I tend to have at least one of them hanging off my every move and that's not even including Potters concern which is overbearing but I don't care, my brother needs me and I'm not letting him down again. I know what your going to say, that dream has caused the guilt to once again eat at my every move but that's not the case I just want to help him.

Because I didn't before. Still not letting the guilt eat away at me; I don't think.

I make my way towards the library once again looking for anything on souls, siblings, dreams anything that could relate, I feel people breathing down my neck but I shut them out.
"Hey" Lily yanks my arm, turning me around to face her "what part of get some rest I don't want to see you here every minute of every day didn't you get?"
"I'm revising" I answer, Lily raises an eyebrow
"Yeah sure" she rolls her eyes
"This isn't healthy for you" Remus contributes
"Have you even eaten breakfast or lunch yet?" Reg asks
"What time is it?" I ask, knowing well that time has been a blur recently
"12pm you know on a Sunday"
"The week commencing tomorrow is the last week before our exams and you haven't revised at all"
"Last thing on my mind" I respond to Lily, picking up the books off the shelf and moving to sit at a table with around 12 books in front of me
"Souls, siblings and dreams what have they got to do with anything?"
"I'm just interested" I respond half-heartedly
"Nope your coming to the great hall with us for lunch" Reg grabs my arm and hauls me to my feet before he pulls me any further I manage to grab two of the books, one on mystical dreams and another on powerful siblings.

Once we get to the great hall the three of them force me to start eating, I do so whilst reading the dreams book under the table but they seem to leave it.

Muggle dreams are merely figments of there imagination that are influenced by there subconscious feelings, thoughts or past experiences.

I skip ahead

Because of our magical heritage there are times when our subconscious hints to something that hasn't happened yet, however this is very rare, this is most common in twins who sometimes hold the power of telepathy due to their unwavering bond.

The book goes on to explain some more but it doesn't help and the rest of the book explains common occurrences in dreams that I quickly skip through, whilst now and then chomping on some food to keep my friends and sister happy. One common occurrence in dreams does grab my attention very quickly

Death

It is well know that many in dreams can be near to death and just before they die they wake up in the real world, this tends to hint to something in their subconscious that is unresolved.

I skip down the page till I land on a word that I was all to familiar with in that dream

......tortured in a dream this is most commonly a side effect of guilt that hasn't been dealt with in their life, most often something that happened a long time ago that said person has been hiding, trying to avoid dealing with it, over time this builds up and your subconscious acts on it instead.