115 - Christmas Already

Edited

Includes a surprise attack and some pain and distant shouting and panic. You have been warned
Now on with the story

20th December
Rosetta's POV:

It is actually sickening how quickly this year is going, it's my last year and today we're going home for Christmas, that is ridiculous. I reluctantly get out of bed and change into some warm clothes and I check that my bag is packed, once I'm done I entice Shadow into her carrier with some cat treats and I head downstairs to be met with Reg in our common room.
"Morning" Reg wishes
"Morning" I repeat
"Ready to head home" he asks, Kayla's going to Spain for Christmas so Reg is staying with me and my family, we're very excited.
"Yep, you?"
"Definitely" he nods "remember we need to stand near the carriages to make sure everyone's okay getting on with there bags" he reminds me
"Head student duties" I salute
"Let's go and eat" we head out taking our bags with us.

We meet the rest of the clan at the Gryffindor table, including Rory, Remus, James, Sirius and Kayla.
"I'll miss you this Christmas" James groans as he place his face in the crook of my neck. You see because there the aurors looking after the students and quite a lot of students are staying for Christmas they have to stay here. There allowed the odd break as long as one of them is still there.

I start eating some eggs and toast along with Reg before we head off to stand near the school entrance gate to help students.

Many students come and get on the carriages and we place the bags in to help them out. As we're doing this Rory and Kayla stay back so we can get the last carriage all together.

"Is that it?" I call to Mcgonagall
"Yes you four can go" she says
"Come on guys" we clamber onto the carriage and we're off, heading to Hogsmead station.

We all sit in silence not feeling the need to break it, once we arrive we jump off and get into the train with our bags, we walk along the train and find an empty compartment. Once we've placed our bags in and the other two have sat down me and Reg walk up and down the train a couple of times making sure all students are okay but then the trolly lady star has walking up and down giving treats allowing us to go back to our compartment.

We enter our compartment to see Kayla and Rory surrounded by sweet treats
"Did you really need that much?" I ask incredulously
"You can have some as well" they didn't have to tell Reg twice as the boy starts eating a chocolate frog immediately.
"I'm okay thanks" I respond as I pull my book out of my bag and start reading.

Bang!

The train stops and me and Reg grab our wands and head onto the train corridor, i look outside and see people in cloaks and a red light is shooting out from what must be the train conductors wand. My throat closes making me panic but regardless I walk down the corridor telling students to stay in there compartments. The whole train starts to rock and I hang onto the side of the train. With much resistance the train is lifted into the air still rocking, I hear students crying, praying and screaming. I look at the window and head back to my compartment trying not to fall.

Rory I need you

I tell him using telepathy

I'm coming

I head to a window and start trying to break it,
"What are you doing?" Reg asks appearing beside me
"Keep the students calm, get them all to the front of the train with the conductor and make sure the conductor has sent for help, stay there until the aurors come." I instruct
"I'm not leaving you here" he responds adamantly, I see Kayla behind him and I nod which causes Kayla to act and grab Reg telling students to follow.

The window finally gives in managing to cut my shoulder slightly but that's not bothering me, I just hope this works I think as the whole train flips upside down and then back up again.
"There messing with us" Rory concludes and I move the broken glass front he window and I put my hands through to pull myself out. "Are you insane?" He ask
"Come on" I gesture him to follow and he does so complaining
"If we die here I'll kill you" I shake my head as I climb up the side of the train hearing cackles from the deatheaters. But luckily aurors have started to appear mad I hear James shout from in the train
"Rose!" He calls but I ignore it sitting down crossing my legs, I hear students screaming which just urges me on, I hold out my hands to my brother who stares at them
"What are we doing?" He asks
"We need to try to get rid of them, listen to there screams let it power us, Mcgonagall says we should be incredibly strong together, let's find out if her intuition is correct" he takes my hands and I feel a power surge spread from my hands to the rest of my body but nothings happening. I clear my mind and listen to the screams of young children and the shouts of  fear from my boyfriend and best friends, my whole body shivers.

Mcgonagall's POV:
I position myself behind the death eaters and I go to attack but I feel the air around me come to life, I look at the train and see above it are the Evans twins. I need to get the students off the train in case this goes wrong.

I apparate onto the train and grab the other aurors telling them to apparate everyone off of the train and into a clearing in the bushes behind the death eaters.
"Minnie where's Rose?" James Panics and i simply reply
"You'll see, she's somewhat safe" we apparate everyone off and when we're outside the air hits us as a hurricane builds up around the train causing the train to spin viciously. We have everyone duck in the bushes as things are thrown out if the train hitting the deatheaters every time. The longer it goes the bigger the items get, like chairs tables, me and the aurors create a shield around us as death eater after defeats eater goes down or just retreats.
"Rose isn't here" James panics from behind him
"Look above the train" he does so along with Lily ,who had been looking after the first years, and squints
"No!" He bangs on the shield as Lily gasps
"If you do something now you may put them off and make it worse" as I finish my sentence a death eater is thrown at the shield causing some students to scream in terror. Me and the aurors try to calm everyone and eventually it goes quiet and I let down the shield just for me to make sure we're safe.

The train has crashed onto the tracks and there are no death eaters left so I allow the shield to fall.

As expected James quickly runs up to me
"Where are they?!" He shouts and all the aurors and myself look around, it is the eldest Black boy who finds them holding hands passed out covered in scratches.

"We need to get everyone back to the school, one auror stays with everyone as the rest of us start apparating people in groups to the Great hall where Albus is waiting.

Once everyone is safe me and the experienced aurors and train conductor head back to the scene to start to repair the train and track.

James' POV:

I got Rose and Rory to the hospital wing and now Pomfrey is keeping an eyes on them. I head back to the Great Hall to meet with Sirius, Remus, Kayla and Reg. I hear Dumbledore's saying they'll have to send letters to everyone's families and if they still want the student home for Christmas they will be personally apparated there.

"How are they?" Lily asks me
"I'm not sure Pomfrey's monitoring them" I look behind Lily and see Kayla and Reg arguing
"If you didn't drag me away from her....!" He yells
"You would have died and I'd never be able to live with myself!" Kayla shouts back "I already feel guilty enough don't make it worse" Regulus realising his mistake pulls the traumatised girl into a hug.

I hope they'll be okay.