37 - Arrival

Edited

Rosetta's POV:

The train comes to a stop outside the Hogsmead train station and students as well as the odd teacher start to pile off the train heading for the various carriages, I climb into one of them with Reg, Rem, Kayla, Lily and Marlene.

"So are you head-boy this year Remus?" Lily asks Rem
"No can't say I am and to be quite honest I'm glad I'm not, I want to concentrate on my work this year instead" Remus calmly replies
"Understandable" Lily comments "I do believe it will take up a lot of time but I couldn't miss the opportunity"
"Well you'll easily manage to keep up with those duties as well as your work so no wonder Dumbledore picked you"
"Aw thanks" Lily blushes slightly "so how have your summers been?" Lily asks breaking the moment of silence
"It was fantastic....." Marlene goes on to explain all about going abroad meeting new people and other stuff that I tune out because I'm too hungry and tired to concentrate. Reg, seeing this, wraps an arm around my shoulders allowing me to lay my head on his shoulder as he strokes my head softly, lulling me to sleep.

We arrive outside Hogwarts and Reg shakes me awake after my short nap and one by one we leave the carriage heading into the building and on into the great hall to our tables,
"See ya soon" Reg says as he winks and walks in the opposite direction towards the Slytherin table.

I sit down at my table next to Remus and opposite Kayla, the other marauders are strangely sitting next to Remus already; no ridiculous scheme seems to be playing out, what a relief. I sigh and relax awaiting Dumbledores speech.

"Welcome back now as you well know; the first years are on there way so for now you can catch up on what you have been doing over the holidays" Dumbledore announces.

Instead of chatting I stay silent awaiting the sorting so I can eat and then go to bed.

Finally the great hall doors swing open and in comes Professor Mcgonagall escorting the new first years to gather at the front of the hall. As the first years begin to walk towards the front you can see the nerves when they look around at us older students, the intimidation as they examine the professors table but you can also see the awe as they gaze at the enchanted ceiling and the candles floating just above us, the excitement we have all felt clear in there posture, we've all been there.

This is a filler chapter before the sorting and the feast

- what would be your dream job in the wizard if world?

Happy reading 📖
Lily