85 - Inferior

Edited

17th September

Rosetta's POV:

We wait outside the Room of Requirements until Professor Mcgonagall meets us.

"Hello you two" she greets as she opens the door to a large duelling room "come on in you two" she instructs and me and Rory enter the room. "Today I would like to see what you can already do" she pauses "now I have heard that you have more control Rory therefore you'll show me what you have managed on your own"
Rory glares at the woman so I nudge him forward causing him to sigh
"Fine!" He snaps as he takes a deep breathe, suddenly a cold breeze pinches my face, it picks up till it feels like it hitting me and it just stops. Before I can process a small fire appears in a ring around my brother, I hadn't realised how advanced he was, the fire builds till there's a thick wall of fire circling him. Slowly it starts to disperse and my brother is left breathing heavily.
"Are you okay?" I ask as I approach him but he merely lifts his hand making me stop in my tracks
"I'm fine, just need a minute" his deep breaths are the only thing heard in the room for a moment.
"That was impressive, have you mastered any other elements; water, earth" the Professor asks him and he shakes his head "very well, Miss Evans" I take a deep breathe before stepping forward and sitting crossed legged on the floor. I keep taking big breaths but nothing is happening, I squeeze my eyes shut trying to force anything out. I groan
"I can't!" I huff disappointed in myself
"It is inside you Miss Evans"
"I can't!"
"Concentrate"
"You can do it Rose" Rory surprisingly tries to encourage me
"I can't okay!" I snap frustrated "Rory's always been stronger than me, Petunia's always been prettier than me and Lily's always been smarter than me, I can't do this!" My eyes widen at what had slipped out, where did that come from? I wipe my eyes as angry tears fall down my face and I passed the two of them and leave the room hearing there calls but I continue to walk until I'm outside ignoring them.
I sit down at the fountain in the courtyard, the cold bites at my arms littering goosebumps over my skin but I don't do anything about it.
Years of feeling lesser than all my siblings had crept up on me after all these years, it would be easier if some of my relatives didn't actually compare me to my siblings constantly. I sigh as I hold my head in my hands.

"Hey gorgeous" I look up as I hear the familiar voice
"Hi" I reply a little croaky as my throats dry after crying for so long. I wipe my eyes not wanting my best friend to see me cry.

He sits next to me a little awkwardly as he rubs my back, we sit in silence.....

"Your brother was trying to find you but he found me instead and I suggested it might be better if I go after you instead" he explains and I nod not wanting to speak "it's hard having siblings" I look up at him as he looks down at me "I've always felt inferior to my older brother he was always braver than me, girls always found him more attractive they'd always chase after him even when he was t interested; they never spared me a glance. Whilst our parents preferred me I still felt like no matter what I did he would always be ahead of me. I may have left my parents household and views behind and followed my own beliefs but no one sees that they just see it as following my courageous brother." He rolls his eyes, I tilt my head as I watch him sympathy clear in my face.
"I don't think that" I reply softly "your brave, heck you stood up to Parkinson I could never do that and you did without a thought, your the sweetest guy and you did get the girl. You have a lot more going for you than you think" I smile softly an action he mirrors. I pull him into a hug which he gladly returns, "I'm here for you Reggie"
"I'm here for you too Rosie"

A very short filler chapter

See you next chapter
Lily