3.1

"What did you do to him?" Emily asks as Morgan and Reid step into the conference room.

"Why is it that I always did something?" Morgan asks sitting down at the table and Reid next to Rossi one seat away from him.

"Because Spencer is looking like you kicked a puppy in front of him." She says. "What happened?"

"We found a cat. A one eyed cat and it was hurt so we bought it to the animal shelter and Spencer wants to adopt it and I don't. There is no cat coming into my house." He explains Spencer's face that what if he was honest really hard to ignore and say no too.

"Maybe the owner already got her back." Hotch tries.

"She didn't wear a name tag." Spencer says something for the first time.

"That doesn't mean anything. Cats run of very often maybe the owner is already looking." Emily supports Hotch. It was smarter to get him away from the cat than to getting him hope by arguing for his side when Morgan wasn't giving in, it would break Spencer's heart even more.

"But he was really hurt."

"You heard it yourself he will be okay all because you paid attention to the side of the road and saw him there."

"But you also heard that the cat has probably been abused in his former home. We can't let them take the cat back." Morgan knows he must look like the monster to everyone at the table right now. "You will barely notice it."

"No it's not happening. I am sorry."

"But he was so thin and sweet-"

"Spencer no. Stop it." With a tear running down his face Spencer looked down and Morgan was looked at the way he probably deserves it but they don't even have time for it and he also doesn't need the cat to walk around the house and annoy him.

There was a moment of silence before Garcia dared to start the presentation and an hour later they were seated at the plane. Spencer still awfully quiet and he continued to be over the whole day and didn't even want to cuddle when they had to share a bed that night. "C'mon you always want to." He encourages him to get over his ego. He knows that if Morgan wasn't the one causing the misery Spencer would practically throw himself into his arms right now. 

After another day of the silence treatment when he gets his phone out of his pocket and calls the shelter. "This is Derek Morgan I bought a cat in the other day and I just wanted to ask how it's doing." Smiling Emily shakes her head, she is sitting next to him, driving the car.

"That's nice of you to ask you bought the orange one with the one eye right?"

"Yes."

"He is doing fine considered how injured he was."

"Is there any way we could- you know- take him in?"

"Absolutely but you will have to wait two weeks. It's the time we wait for the owner to show up."

"I understand,can I maybe just leave you my number and if anything changes you call?"

"Of course. You are also welcome to step by whenever you want. Truth be told the cat is most likely not being searched after. He is under weighted and it appears that he has been living on the street for a while now." The women tells him.

"We see what we can do." With that he hangs up and is prepared for whatever comments Emily has to offer.

"Oh he's got you so wrapped around his finger." She says. "And I am not talking about the cat."

"You would have given in too."

"Of course I would have but I wouldn't admit it."

"We have to wait two weeks if the owner shows up so what do you think? Tell him or not?"

He ends up telling him when Reid is sitting in the conference room, eating his food and working at the same time and looks just unhappy doing it. "I called the animal shelter." His head immediately snaps up. "I was told he is fine and we can take him in-" A wide grin appeared on his face. "But we gotta wait for the next two weeks if the owner shows up."

"What if they do?"

"Than there is nothing we can do. But if they don't show up we will take the cat home with us." Excited Spencer gets up and pulls Morgan into a hug. "Don't hug me to death."

"I am just really happy."

"I know."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me yet, it's not a done deal."