21

A/N: This was an anonymous request on tumblr, thank you <3

"I don't think I have ever seen someone looking this close to tears from the cold." Rossi comments on Spencer with a chuckle. His knitted head is sitting on his curls that spread out from underneath it. His nose and cheeks are read from the freezing cold while Derek hugs him from behind, gently moving them from one side to the other as they are waiting for Hotch to give them the go to go back home.

They had spent the whole day searching for a young girl and  boy in the woods after they had gone missing this morning and found them well in an old cabin, cuddled together in front of an oven with a woman that didn't have a phone to call their parents. The case couldn't have gone better.

"At home, I will make you warm pudding and hot chocolate." Derek promise while feeling Spencer shaking in his arms, "And we will order shoes for this weather, I am not letting you walk another day in converse."

Defeated Spencer nods and tries pressing himself even closer just to get some more warmth while they are waiting, "Why don't you sit in the car while we wait?" JJ suggests, "Let the heater run already, then it will be warm when Derek gets in too."

He shakes his head, it's cold, it's very cold but he doesn't want to be rude. Hotch hadn't allowed it yet, he said to wait here.

"I just talked to the parents," Hotch starts when he walks over to them, "They thank you for finding them so quickly, they are just glad their children are back home. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that with this weather, we did not expect to find them in such good condition."

"If you don't let us drive off now man, you will find us in a worse state." Derek tells him he feels like the cold is creeping up his legs.

"Of course, you can have the rest of the day off, get warmed up." Hotch tells them and looks at Spencer in sympathy who really looks like he is about to cry while JJ is just shaking uncontrollably and Rossi and Emily look like the cold doesn't bother them at all. "We will see each other tomorrow." He touches Spencer's arm for a moment, giving him a comforting squeeze before walking back to the officers.

"Let's get home." Derek let's go of Spencer and leads the way to their car where he turns the heater on as soon as possible, "You better put your bathtub in use, or you will get another cold."

As soon as the first cold days arrive, Spencer has a running nose and headaches but once he gets used to the cold he is fine, surviving every cold that goes around with his dislike for germs and his carefulness. The downside is, that they often don't stay in cold weather with their cases, meaning, the moment they get home, Spencer is sick again and so will Derek a few days later.

"Go ahead and let the water run in, I will bring up some hot strawberry milk." Derek orders Spencer while they take off their jackets, "Go go go." He repeats when Spencer hesitates but then walks off, quickly up the stairs.

"Can I come in?" Hesitant Derek knocks on the door to Spencer's bathroom and steps in when he hears him. "That looks comfortable."

Spencer is sinking in the water, foam covering the surface and going up to his shoulders, "I am gonna place this on your windowsill alright?" Spencer nods and when Derek leans over him, he can tell how he has his knees drawn to the chest, hugging himself. "Relax, pretty boy."

Gently Derek places a hand on his knees and tries pushing them don't. "You are all tensed up, that is not the purpose of a bath."

"But then you won't fit."

"I won't fit?"

"You need a bath too." Spencer states.

"With you?" Insecurly Derek looks down on him, "I was thinking I will just take a warm shower."

"You can." Spencer assures him softly, "But you can also have a warm bubble bath with me."

"Are you sure?"

"Why not?" He questions and for a moment Derek just stares at him before it comes to his mind, that A, for Spencer it's not that untypical to be naked infront of him and B, that this is just another lack of personal boundaries and social construct in Spencer's mind.

While Derek's mind immediately went to, 'I can't just undress myself in front of you and get into the same bathtub as you, that's a little bit to close for friends', Spencer's mind connected the facts that Derek has seen him naked multiple times, that this is just a bath and the foam covers most anyway to being nice by offering him to get in.

"Alright but no lurking." Derek jokes and puts his cup down as well and gets out of his shirt while Spencer rolls his eyes and gets a little bit embarrassed by Derek's joke, because of course he wouldn't look on purpose. "I hope I won't smell as sweet afterwards as this room smells right now."

"Penelope, JJ and I bought bath bombs a while ago, this one is vanilla and raspberry." Spencer beams at him, "I have so many more."

"But you never take a bath?"

"They just look pretty, I also don't want to waist them." Derek raises his eyebrow and then gets out of his boxer shorts causing Spencer to turn his head and look out of the window while Derek gets inside the bathtub. "Space is something else, pretty boy."

"But it's warm." Comfortable Spencer places his head on his knees.

"That it is." Under the water, Derek grabs Spencer's hand, "They are not ice cubes anymore."

"They are burning." He complains with a chuckle, "My whole body is."

"That's something I have been meaning to talk to you about, why do you shower with a temperature that could burn someone alive?"