10.4

Something was up with Reid, Morgan could tell. He was being distant and nervous around him since yesterday and he wondered if he did something or if this was Reid telling himself he himself did something wrong.

They are working a case in New Orleans and Morgan took a second to think about yesterday and if he, at some moment, acted in a way that could have hurt Reid but nothing.

"Did I say something yesterday?" Confused Reid looks up from his paperwork. "Something that hurt you?"

"No."

"You sure? You maybe wanna leave the room for a few minutes so you can tell me in private?"

"You haven't said anything."

"Did I do something?"

"No, no, Morgan you are good. Nothing happened." He snaps and pushes a strain of his hair back behind his ear that had fallen against his face.
Sometimes JJ has the urge to just tie his hair back. She would go insane if her hair would be in her face all the time.

"Nothing happened, Morgan." He repeats. "Nothing happened, Morgan. Morgan you are all good. Nothing happened."

"Did- did you do something?" The older Agent tries to lure out what is bugging Spencer.

"No." Morgan could immediately tell it was a lie and Alex leans down and whispers something in his ear. "I did."

"What did you do?"

"Alex and I- We- you have to understand that we- that I rarely ever come here but when I do- when I come here this maybe one time in a year, I- I always go to this bookstore with those really old books. And- And- I bought a few. And- And- I don't want you to be mad-"

"Why would I be mad about that?"

"Because my books already started to stack in the last room and- and-" The 'last room', as they call it, is the last room at the hallway on the ground floor were the stairs led up to the first floor and were you can get out into the backyard.

"Then I will build a new bookshelf, no big deal." He hates the feeling of making Reid cry or even the slightest scared. And he definitely hates that Spencer was to scared to tell Morgan he bought books because of his reaction. "What even is in the last room? Nothing. A bookshelf won't bother anyone."

"But you said the last time that I better stop buying so many books."

"Well I can build another one. Now we know how it's done." Morgan doesn't see the facial expression of his teammates, that are somewhere between rolling their eyes and a soft smile. "Wait, how many days have you been hiding from me that you bought books because I said that?"

"93"

"And how many books?"

"I hid 37 and I showed you 13." This was exactly what he never wanted Spencer to feel like in his own home. That he feels like he has to hide certain things, certain interests or emotions. "You don't notice new books in the shelves anyway."

"You wouldn't have had to hide that from me okay?"

"I didn't want you to get mad at me for not listening."

"Well I didn't mean what I said, you can buy as many books as you want. Eventhough I think you will have to sell some eventually-" Spencer's head snaps up looking at Morgan in shook. "But that will be in a long long time and until then they are many shelves we can build." He quickly saves himself.

"You are in so much trouble Morgan." Alex says as he walks by him and let's her hand touch his back.

"You snuck off with him to buy them with him. Don't be hypocrite."