10.3

"I am so sorry but Dave doesn't pick up his phone and I wasn't sure if he is even home and Jessica is in Florida with Jack and I don't have a key to her apartment-"

"Hotch it's okay." Morgan interrupts his team leader. "Firstly are you okay?"

"Yeah, I smelled the fire and I- I rang at the door from the apartment and I took the neighbor's kid with me and- yeah-yeah I am okay." He had shown up on Spencer's and Morgan's doorstep late in the evening after a fire in his building.

"Were you checked out?"

"I am fine really,I hardly breathed anything in-"

"Do you have a headache?" Spencer asks stepping closer to the man sitting on the bar stool in their kitchen.

"No."

"Dizzy?"

"No."

"Do you have chest pain?"

"No."

"Are you-"

"Spencer I am fine. I promise."

"5613 people die each year because of-"

"I am fine." To calm him down Hotch places his shaking hand on top of Reid's.

"You are shaking."

"I had fallen asleep on the couch, I was just surprised but I immediately got out." He promises Spencer who doesn't look to convinces. "I probably can go back in by tomorrow."

"For tonight you can stay here, I will get you a blanket and a pillow for the couch. You can use the bathroom down the hall. You want some clothes too?"

"That would be nice thank you. But I don't wanna cause to much trouble I can sleep in this if-"

"It's okay." Morgan shoots him a warm smile before leaving then alone causing Spencer to sceptical eye Hotch even more.

"You don't feel sick?"

"No, I feel a little bit shaken up that's all."

"Would you describe it as weakness?"

"No."

"Upset-"

"Spencer I am okay." Questioning if he should believe him Spencer stays quiet for a moment and then decides he does but will ask him the same questions later again. "I am really grateful you let me stay for the night."

"Oh no problem. If you apartment wasn't so small you would probably do the same."

"Yeah I would."

"You want some water?"

"No thank you. To be honest I am just tired and glad you were still awake."

"We were just on our way to bed you got lucky."

"Don't let me stop you."

"I put the clothes in the bathroom." Morgan announces with a blanket and sheets in his arm.

"Thank you I will go change then,this smell doesn't make it better."

"Sure." When Morgan heard the door close he came back from the living room placing his hands on Spencer's waist. "He is alright you hear me?"

"Yes." Nervously he bits down on his lip before speaking up again. "But he also wouldn't tell us if he isn't."

"I know but he looks okay and we've gotta trust him."

"Last time we did he almost went deaf."

"He is okay."

"He is okay." Spencer repeats. "He is okay." And then he said it a couple more times and Morgans let's him, grounding him with his hands on his sides and eventually he had worked himself down again and looked with a shy smile at Hotch who came back into the room.

"Never thought I would ever see you in sweatpants." Morgan jokes and earns himself a death glare from Hotch. "I am not saying you can't work it? He can. Can he?" He asks looking at Spencer making him giggle. "I think you can."

"If you had your fun, I think I would like to just go to sleep. It's been a long day."

"Of course." Spencer announces he will go to bed too and Morgan locks the doors and windows before coming into the living room. "You need something?"

"No,I am good. Again, thank you for doing this."

"Like I said,you are more than welcome. Water is in the fridge."

"Thank you,could you-" Tired Hotch points at the light switch.

"Of course." Morgan turns of the light and Hotch notices the little light next to the door frame. And then proceeds to hear Morgan walking into the kitchen before he hears a quiet. "Oh not today." And a sigh.

"Everything alright?" Hotch calls.

"Yeah one of the night lights isn't working. I will have to go down to the basement."

"Do what you need to do but can't it wait till tomorrow?"

"Nop." Hotch lays down and hears Morgan walk around the house and then it hit him. Spencer was afraid- scratch that- terrified of the dark. These are placed all around the house everywhere where a light switch is so he can find them in the dark.

"You are a good friend you know that?" Hotch asks as he sees Morgan sticking it back to the wall at the kitchen entrance across from the living room.

"Because I let my boss sleep on my couch? I better not get fired." He tells him, switching the light out to see if it's working. "Seriously you don't have to thank us this often. We are glad we can help you ones in a while too."

"I wasn't talking about me."

"What were you talking about?" Hotch studied Morgan's facial expression for a moment before deciding that he really had no idea what he meant.

"Reid."

"Just trying to make up for the things numerous people in his life failed at."