22

"Spencer wake up." Gently Morgen strokes the curls out of Spencer's face, "Kid, come on, you will regret it if you don't get up now."

"Case?"

"No case, better." Morgan promises him and places his cup of coffee on the nightstand, "Wake up, come on." He slightly pulls the blanket down, causing Spencer to whine in protest, "I know, I know."

"Morgan." Annoyed Spencer pulls away and sits up, his hair going everywhere, "What is it?"

"Did you hear the weather report yesterday?"

"No why?"

"So I get the whole pleasure of telling you." Excited Derek smiles at him, "Well last night it snowed"

"Really?" Excited Spencer face lights up.

"Really and not just a little bit." Derek promises him while Spencer happily takes his hands up to flap them, "See, I knew you would like this."

"Ca we go out? Can we go out?"

"We can." Enthusiastically he gets out of the rest of his blankets, first not feeling Derek's hand on his arm as he squeals in excitement, "First listen to me okay? Because there is a catch."

"Snow now"

"One second." With a chuckle Derek grabs his other arm as well, "There was not just a bit of snow, we are pretty snowed in so we will have to get the path to the street free so we can have a chance to drive off if we got a case."

Spencer just nods and Derek isn't sure if he even listened to him or if he just nodded it off so he can get ready, "Out now" With a wide smile he claps his hands together as much as Derek's grip allows it.

"Okay, deep breath, then we will get ready okay?"

"Yes." Spencer takes a literal deep breath ones before stepping out of bed and leaving the room to get downstairs,

"What do we have a morning routine for?" Derek mumbles and grabs his cup to walk down behind him, not being surprised when he sees him jumping up and down a little bit as he looks at the backyard filled with snow, "Did I promise too much?"

"it snowed so much!" Spencer exclaims, "Can we go out now?"

"We can, but you will have to get dressed first." Derek reminds him while he steps closer, "And then we can go outside, we have a lot of work to do."

Spencer looks around the room for a second before Derek offers him once again a helping hand, "Come here." He places his cup down and places both of his hands on Spencer's waist, "We need to get dressed first, so we go upstairs now and pick out clothes okay?"

"No other clothes , just want to go outside."

"You will get cold-"

"Outside now please." He begs again, flapping his hands while looking at the backyard again, "Please"

"We make a deal, okay? We leave this on, but we will put on waterproof shoes, your gloves, a hat and your winter jacket okay? No arguing about the gloves or hat."

"I want to go outside now" Spencer argues,

"Hey, what did I just say? We will but you need something to keep you warm, okay?" Spencer nods, his body feeling jittery from the excitement. It is so much of it, even flapping his hand doesn't help, "Come here."

Derek pulls him against him, Spencer hides his face against his neck and after a few moments he seems to be fine again, "Now deep breath and then I will help you, if you want me to okay? I got the stuff from the basement yesterday."

"Help"

"Okay, why don't you go into the living room and I will come to you when I get ready and get your stuff?"

"Go into the living room." Spencer nods and makes his way down the hall while Derek hurries upstairs to get a warm shirt and hoodie for Spencer, as well as one for himself and gets dressed in everything but his gloves before coming into the living room, "Go into the living room"

"Exactly" Reassuring he smiles at him, "First this shirt and a hoodie okay?"

Spencer gets out of hi sleep shirt and replaces it with the shirt before adding his hoodie and following Derek's instructions to get into his shoes, "No arguing about gloves or a hat" He whispers while Derek helps him into his gloves and places the hat on his curls, making sure his ears are covered.

"I am just keeping you from another cold"

"Can we go out now?" Spencer ignores his explanation and gets up when Derek nods, "Snow day, snow day" He repeats under his breath as Derek closes the zipper on his jacket before Spencer can walk off.

"Oh" He exclaims when he sees how much of a snow day it actually is after opening the door.

"We better get to work" With a smile Derek hands him a shovel, "You will stay warm if you work." A little bit disappointed Spencer looks at him until Derek gives in, "Fine, one small snowman on our front porch and then we start clearing a path."

"Sweet!" Derek has to admit that he hadn't thought Spencer would actually be still up to shovel the pathwalk with him afterwards but after half of it, he just lets himself fall backwards into the snow, "I am done"

"I can see that" Derek states with a laugh, "Come on your clothes will soak through, it's not much anymore."

"Says the man who works out regularly, I feel like I ran a marathon."

"Kid" Derek scolds him with his eyes, "Please, we can cuddle all day afterwards but now we have to get this done because my fingers are freezing off too."

"Fine:" Defeated, he gets up from the snow and grabs his shovel but to be honest, he isn't much help anymore and Derek is more than glad when they get out of the clothes and into their warm home, "Can we watch something?"

"Sure"

"Can I pick?"

"Why do I have the feeling I already know what will coming now?" Derek questions, "Please not Doctor who again."

"I will pick an episode you haven't seen yet!" Spencer promises, "Please?"

"I have seen all of them. At least 30 times."

"Please" Spencer repeats and Derek sighs in defeat,

"Alright, get the couch ready, I will get the hot chocolate warmed up."

"Thank you" By the time he walks over to him, Spencer is cuddled in his blankets, only moving from underneath it to give Derek some space under it too but when the man wants to work on his notebook, Spencer closes it again and hugs him even tighter, "No work, please."

"Kid-"

"It's a snow day, just enjoy it." Derek smiles for a moment, letting his hand run up and down Spencer's back under the blanket before settling down more and slipping into a light sleep, as the sounds of Spencer speaking the lines of his favorite moments fills the room, and his excited tapping meets his skin.