14.1

Summary:Five times Morgan cried because taking care of Reid became to much and the time he gets the greatest thank you he could ask for.

The first time it happens Morgan feels terrible for it.

They just came back from a case,the one prior was only one day before this one and they had finished their routine together which consists of emptying and restocking their bags and after that Spencer needs his time alone. For Morgan time alone and time with Reid is the same thing but for him it isn't and he respects that but only twenty minutes in, Morgan just wanted to start cooking so they could get to bed early, because damn was he tired, his phone went off. "Kid we got a new one." He calls up the stairs but no movement so he calls again but nothing. "Spencer we need to go." He says looking at the man sitting at the small desk in his room. "We've got a case." No answer. "Spencer?"

"Leave me alone."

"Hotch called we got a case. Get your ass up."

"No. Leave me alone." With a pencil in his hand he fills another word into the crossword puzzle, his leg moving up and down.

"Kid we need to go."

"I am not going."

"Spencer-"

"No and if I remember correctly I told you to leave me alone." He isn't even looking at Morgan and just continues filling out the crossword puzzle.

"I can push this back by ten minutes but that's it,man."

"Go please." Defeated Morgan closes the door and walks down the stairs and then started to come up with excuses. After five minutes not answering it would be 'Sorry Hotch I was just in the basement, no service there' after ten 'I was in the shower' after fifteen 'Sorry my phone died and I haven't noticed' same for twenty but then he just went out of excuses and walks back up to Reid again.

"We seriously gotta go." Spencer again ignores him. "Just take the damn quiz book with you."

"Reid?" After he still doesn't get an answer he takes the last steps towards the desk and tries to take the book but Spencer puts his hands on it holding it in place. "Spencer we have to go."

"I am not going." He hits Morgan's hand with a closed fist ones.

"Hey you hurt me." Derek tells him. It didn't hurt much really but sometimes Spencer does these things by accident and it helps to then remind him of that. Spencer rationally knows of course that that it isn't the right thing to do it rarely ever happens.

"You are trying to take away my book and alone time."

"Kid it's not my decision to make." There is much he would give for two days or even one day of just sleep in his own bed.

"It's still alone time. It's alone time for another 35 minutes." He points at the small white clock on his desk. "You've interrupted it twice."

"Listen two me, we have a case, this is out of my hands."

"Not now." He is too tired for this.

"Please Spencer." And so damn unsure what to do. Spencer was right it was his time alone and he needs it but cases have the priority here. "We have to cut it short,please come with me." He watches Spencer write between his hands. "Spencer?"

"Move your hand a little bit." It was probably the tiredness and the exhausting and everything but he just starts crying. Tears silently running down his face, while Spencer keeps solving the crossword puzzle and then looking up to him drawing attention to the fact that the doorbell just rang and going back to his puzzle.

Morgan wipes his tears away and is greeted by Hotch and Rossi standing in front of the door. "We have a case."

"I know, we have a situation so- I am sorry."

"What's wrong?" Hotch questions, it's no secret that Derek just cried both men can see it in his eyes.

"He has his one and a half hour of time were he wants and can be alone and he- he can't go right now."

"Can I talk to him?"

"Try your luck. He is in his room." Hotch leaves them to it and walks up the old stairs, gently knocks at the door and then walks in.

"Hey what are you doing?"

"Spending time alone which is not really working because I have been interrupted for the third time now. But I solved another one." He holds up his book, Rossi got it for him, it was made for people with higher intelligence but who was he kidding? The kid could still easily solve them.

"That's great but I really need you to follow me right now."

"I want to be left alone."

"I am sorry Spencer but I promise you that we will make everything quiet with your headphones and we will fly for almost 5 hours and you can have the first 4 hours to do all the things in this book, you can have the seat with the table in the back and no one will bother you."

Meanwhile Morgan throws on his jacket and grabs their two bags. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah just tired."

"Do you ever catch a break?" Rossi asks.

"This is my break."

"A real break, without worry without having to take care of someone."

"I don't need it." He tells him and takes a book from the stack with the unread ones and packs it into his bag. "Looks like Hotch was successful."