3.4

JJ, Rossi and Morgan are standing in a conference room in a small precinct in Ohio when the call comes in. "Agent Morgan who am I speaking too?"

"This is Lochlyn Kelly,I found your cat."

"Oh thank God-"

"I am incredibly sorry but he is not alive. I found him on the side of a round he was probably hit by a car." Morgan stayed quiet for a moment trying to process what the man just told him. "Agent?"

"Yeah, thank you for calling. Were- eh were is he?"

"I bought him to an animal shelter they put him down."

"Thank you for trying to help and calling."

"Of course." With hanging up his mind starts running in worry.
He has to tell Spencer this.
He has to tell him that Garfield isn't coming home.

"What is it?" Rossi asks.

"Our cat was hit by a car and died." Morgan says quietly picking up another file to do anything with his hands while he tries to think about how to tell Spencer this.

"I am sorry, Derek." Comforting JJ puts her hand on his shoulder.

"Guys I think I found something." Spencer comes into the room with a file in his hand grinning a little bit about his victory. It is the first time Morgan has seen him a little bit more loose since Garfield went missing four days ago. "The father of one child didn't went to work that day and so didn't multiply of the fathers kids that morning. What if this isn't done by one person but more a revenge for something that happened to their kid's sport team?"

Nobody of them said anything just looking at Spencer for a few second.

It is unbearable that his is going to hurt him. He has an emotional attachment to the cat that was unbelievable. For a long time he didn't talk about anything else and Morgan had witnessed himself how the two were just made for each other. How Spencer always waits up for the cat to come home to go to bed and how the cat always walks behind him when they are home. He wasn't surprised when he heard his voice one day from downstairs and Spencer was talking to Garfield about something.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, that's good." Morgan snatches the file from his hand. "How did you find this out?"

"Garcia. I just knew from one kid that his father wasn't at work that moment when she wanted to pick up candy at his store and then I checked with Garcia the others."

"Then lets bring this to Hotch."

Spencer was right of course and they arrested the group of men and if you have five people who committed multiple murder together, it doesn't take long till one of them talks.

Who wasn't talking was Morgan meaning while even Hotch knew now Spencer was still left in the dark. "Did Dillan call?" Spencer asks as they pack everything up at the precinct.

"No, probably still at practice." Derek lies looking down on the files he is putting in a box while there is a heavy silence in the room.

"Do you think we should start looking at animal shelters?"

"He has a name tag around his neck they would have called."

"But what if they didn't? We could go after we land-"

"Spencer they are over filled they would call before they do anything." Morgan snaps and Spencer looks at him confused.

"Do you not want him back?"

"I do."

"The why don-"

"Can you drop this topic for five minutes?" It is a poorly attempt to push back telling Spencer what happened and it was clearly not the right thing to do but Spencer did drop it and is now sitting at the end of the jet on the couch, his legs under a blanket and making crossword puzzles.

"You can't just ignore it." Hotch remarks looking up from his file.

"I just don't know how to tell him, he loved that cat."

"I know."

"No you don't you didn't see them curled onto his bed you didn't hear Spencer telling the cat over the problems of some math equation-"

"It doesn't matter, you will have to tell him eventually."

"Tell me what?" Spencer asks standing next to them.

"Maybe sit back down I will come with you." The younger agent sits back down drawing his knees to his chest after Morgan had placed a blanket over them. "I got a call this morning about Garfield." Nervous he places his hand on Spencer's knee. "And I am really sorry but he was put down."

"Why?"

"The person who called didn't say much but they believe that he was hit by a car." Carefully he studies Spencer's facial expressions while the rest of the team is as quiet as they can be. "I am really sorry-"

"Did you allow that?" Spencer suddenly asks furious.

"What?"

"You-you said it yourself they would call When- when he-"

"No, no I was called afterwards by the person who found him." Morgan tries touching Reid's hand but takes his back when Reid pulled back. "I didn't allow anything."

"You said he would come back."

"I shouldn't have I am sorry."

"He wasn't supposed to die yet."

"I know."

"Can we see him?"

"I don't think so. I don't have the name of the shelter but if you really want to I will call the guy back and find it out." The chance is not huge that the cat is still there.

"No."

"That's okay too." Insecure what to do Morgan studies Reid's body language but he wasn't sure what he was gonna do next.

They is no doubt that Spencer feels the grief it's just that he doesn't know how he will express it.

"Come here." He launches himself in Morgans arms who brings them down into a more laying position and can feel Spencer tapping his fingers on Morgan's chest while Morgan carries his hands through his hair.

Spencer doesn't cry about the death till the next day when they are just about to get go work and Spencer realizes he doesn't have to refill the water. Morgan immediately puts his keys and jacket back down and walks towards him, holding him close.

"I really liked him"

"I did too, kid."

"I don't want him to be dead, I want him to come home."