17.7

"Spencer please eat something. You didn't eat yesterday." Morgan pushes the plate with toasts closer to him again. Nick is still asleep and his sister at work. "One and I eat the other. I promise it won't make you sick."

"You can't know that."

"I do. You don't get sick from eating one toast you get sick from not eating anything so in with it." And then he turns around continuing to do the dishes from last night as a way to compensate his guilt about coming here so sudden.

"We are gonna take a cap to my mom's when we are done eating breakfast okay? She is excited to see you I guess even more than to see me." He jokes but doesn't get an answer and goes back to the living room to pack up their stuff. By the time they get to the house Spencer was desperately in need to have some quiet and wants to sort his thoughts he couldn't think and he can't help it but Morgan doesn't realise or doesn't want to realise.

"I am happy to have you two here for a few days or how ever long you want to stay."

"You will get tired of us pretty easily believe me."

"I don't think so as long as I am not hiding you two from the government down here." She jokes.

"You caught us."

"I know what my son is up to." Morgan hopes she doesn't because she sure as hell doesn't need to know there are sextapes and basically videos of every second he spend in his house. "Spencer honey are you okay?" As an answer he grabs Morgan's bag to get his speech book and then reads out a page.

"I am stressed out because I can't think and that confuses me."

"You remember my room? C'mon we will get up there and you can have some quiet. Okay?"

"Quiet."

"Good c'mon."

"So why are you really here? That Hotchner guy hasn't given a free week in years. Why would he start now?" Fran questions him when he gets to sit down with her.

"Because we had a lot of vacation days left and a man needs his mom sometimes."

"But for what? For a vacation? I don't think so if you two got a spontaneous vacation you two or at least you would be laying at a beach somewhere gettin' the ladys." She makes her son smile for a moment. "So what's going on?"

"We just had a fight with the team. It's okay we just need some time without them."

"Since when do you run from a fight?"

"Some things are better talked about when everybody thought about their words before they say them before more people get hurt."

"That bad?" Morgan plays with the cup in his hand,his finger sliding over the warm surface.

"We will be fine." His eyes trail to the note book on the end of the table. Spencer had left it there before going upstairs. It is dark grey from the outside but from the side it almost looks colourful. It is thick and notes are looking over the edges.

"What's with that?" He reaches over to grab it and opens the first page and turning it towards her. It was written with a black ink in an old cursive handwriting. 'My Name is Spencer Reid' and write under that his address in Vegas in another writing, easier to read and Morgan would say it is a man's handwriting.

"It's his note book,speech book whatever you want to call it I am not sure. And it contains phrases and routines he can read and follow when he gets stressed out."

"Did his mom make it?"

"She started it. There are a few things his father wrote but not much, our old supervisor and Hotch did and I did too."

"It's falling apart." She remarks.

"I know" He closes it and looks at the used edges. "I bought one that was having already prepared pages and you just had to fill it out and I did but he was not a fan it always has to be this old thing."

"It's a lovely memory of all the people that helped him."