10.5

Haircuts are never an easy thing because not only does this mean there will be a change it also means people touching Spencer's head and noises directly next to this ear. Like the sound of the scissor cutting through his hair or the machine cutting his side and then you have the hair all over you and even if you wear the cape they are on your neck and it itches and hurts and it's just terrible.

So Spencer at some point in his life started doing it himself which was okay but Hotch eventually gave up on the hope that Reid will ever look presentable if he let's him continue that so now Morgan does it.

They have the rule that at least every six weeks Spencer let's Morgan at least get some order in his hair but they mostly push it back till Hotch tells Morgan that it is time and now they are sitting in front of the mirror in the bathroom, Spencer placed on a high chair and Morgan standing behind him. "How do you want it?"

"Just do it like last time?"

"I thought last time was to short?"

"Just do it like you think."

"Spencer this is your haircut,you can just say what you want." He tells him.

They have this discussion every single time.

"I don't want it cut at all."

"Then Hotch will eventually fire you."

"I don't care."

"Reid."

"Just make the sides a little bit shorter again but not to short, not like last time and- and don't get rid of all of my curls."

"Okay,I will try." If Morgan is honest he had mostly no idea what he was doing he was more concentrated on making Reid comfortable than nailing the haircut.

So he starts with cutting near his ear and shortly after Spencer is desperately moving to get the noise to stop because everytime he does Morgan has to and he doesn't mean to make things so hard for him. He knows this is better than going to a professional but it's still not easy. "You are doing good."

"Please stop."

"I will finish this side and then we take a break okay?"

"Just stop."

"Guys?" They hear Kate's voice.

She was supposed to pick up some garden tools and Morgan had written her to come through the backdoor.

"Bathroom. You can come in we are both fully dresses." He jokes and stops with the cutting for a moment.

"Hey-" She stopped at Spencer's tearfilled eyes that looked at her really quick and then to the ground. "What are you guys doing?" She asks even if it is pretty obvious.

"Managing this hair."

"Can I help you somehow?"

"Unless you can cut this, I don't think so."

"You would be surprised what I can do, Agent Morgan." She gestures for Morgan to hand him the tools. "Is it okay if I help Spencer?"

"Do I have a choice?" He mumbles and Morgan nods sitting down in front of him on the sink.

"C'mon we try this. I think Kate knows better what she is doing than I do."

"It feels really- It feels really horrible you- you cut- you cut right next to my ear- the hair- the hair makes this sound and- and I can't stand it. It hurts my teeth." He tries to explain himself.

"I will cover your ears and Kate tries to cut around it and you do whatever you have to do but I will hold you head still so she doesn't accidentally hurt you or me okay?"

"But please don't cut my sides to short."

"I won't."

"I am gonna put my hands on your ears now okay?" Morgan gets up and waits for Spencer's nod and then tries covering up the ears while Spencer looks down at the book in his hand. "Kate is gonna start now." He warns and Spencer still flinches first but then lets her do her thing while he hums to himself and eventually he doesn't look like he has never visited a hairdresser anymore. "You did it."

Carefully Morgan takes his hands away and he could see Kate relax. "Look up pretty boy." He steps aside and let's Spencer look into the mirror who doesn't say anything which is better than the last time. "You grab your shower so you don't have the hair everywhere and I help Kate with the garden tools."

"Well that was something."

"We tried everything, the best thing that worked so far were headphones and reading but there was no way of getting headphones in his ear today. We probably could have chosen a better timing." He tells her as they walk out of the house towards the shack. "Thank you for helping."

"No problem I will do it again if you want me too."

"You are an angel,women."

"Oh no, you are. Someone who's got a best friend like this, doesn't even need an guardian angel."