Here Is The Place Where I Love You

(CW: ...intimacy)

A figure slowly peeked from behind the curtain in response to the soft call, a pair of two ocean eyes meeting with the prince's.

After a long reunion catch-up chat with Pidge, Lance was sent yet again to another late hunt party due to the amount of new mouths to feed at the castle. Who would've guessed there were this many royals around the world. It was ridiculous.

Dinner time only caused him to fear even more all the kings and queens with the chaotic aura they provoked. They had a natural talent to turn tiny sparks of silly disagreements into the kind of madness havoc that his boyfriend somehow to take care of. And his people's fates rested in the hands of such immature rulers? Color him worried. It was times like this that Lance thanked he was just a simple commoner. He'd rather stand still for hours in silent while watching his superiors eat, than be involved in that discord table.

He'd wanted to go home once he'd helped out Hunk in the kitchen some more, he really had. However... When he'd stepped outside... His eyes were quickly absorbed by the tallest tower, where his lover probably rested, if he was done with work. Well... Keith never said he couldn't visit him tonight.. Not literally. After all, it was more like a suggestion, one that Lance never completely agreed on following to begin with. He'd already rested enough. And he wanted to see Keith so much... But most importantly, he couldn't leave Keith alone in the night before his arranged marriage. He was strong, but his own mind was just as strong, and it could destroy him.

'Just one more time,' Lance thought as he changed and waited for the right time before climbing. 'Then I won't come back if you don't want me to'.

Oddly enough, he didn't find Keith when he arrived. He couldn't still be working that late? The sound of nearing footsteps made him tense, and he quickly hid behind the curtain, blending with the shadows completely. Then the voice spoke, and he looked outside to see.

"Darling... Hey," he greeted him softly with a smile, lowering his mask and hoodie before approaching him. "I was worried I wouldn't see you tonight." He gently took both of his hands, taking a moment to breathe and relax at the proximity of his lover. Like usual, holding his hands was enough for him to find peace within.

But traces of a busy day still remained on his dearest's burnt out expression. "You look so tired..." he murmured, gently cupping his face and soothing the sleepy lines he could find. "You did great work today, specially managing those wild royals. I could never," he praised him with a soft chuckle, pursing his lips.

"..I know you didn't really want me to come here tonight, but I got enough rest yesterday. And I... I just had to see you." 'To support you, to be there for you, to cope with you, to love you, hold you through the night,' was what he meant behind those words. "But even now, if you ask me to leave I will... If that's what you want." Though the boy doubted he could survive this night without the prince's company himself.

Keith felt the weight of the day slip off him as soon as Lance took his hands, as soon as he felt his love. When the boy started ranting, Keith could do little more than smile and lean into his hands, eyes closed in relaxation. How Lance could calm his aching heart even now, Keith would never know.

"I'm happy you're here," he spoke, before Lance could suggest leaving one more time. Sure, he'd initially wanted Lance to stay home and rest, but right now, staying apart would only stress them out more than they already were. In Keith's case, nothing relaxed him more than being with his boyfriend.

"Really happy. I..." Letting the words trail away, he stepped closer and wrapped his arms around Lance's waist, pressing his face into the hunter's dark cloak, taking in his scent. "I missed you," he muttered, closing his eyes again. Falling asleep in Lance's arms sounded pretty amazing right now. After a minute or two, he finally gathered the strength to pull back.