The Dangers Of Love

Keith was tired. He'd just finished another stack and had to will himself to stay awake until the next batch of work was delivered. His back and arm led constant shivers through his body, everytime he moved he cringed in pain, and his breakfast had long been digested. But it could have been worse. And most importantly, Lance was safe.

He got to work again, suffering his way through a pile of many, many laws that had to be approved or denied, and even more wedding congratulations. Nearly every invited royal had confirmed their presence at the coming event. Great. Now the worst day of his life could be shared with hundreds of people he hated.

Speaking of, the door opened with a soft creak to admit a tall, handsome man, his pearly hair pulled back in a braid and a familiar taunting smirk on his face. Lotor had obviously heard of the state the other Prince was in, and made it his business to rub his nose on it. Great. 

Keith sighed and dropped his eyes back to his papers, hoping that by some miracle Lotor would leave. But he didn't. The man took a few long steps until he stood behind Keith, and looked over his shoulder to see what he was working on.

"Having fun, Yorak?" he asked, the pleasure dripping from every syllable. Silent rage boiled within Keith, his fingers and teeth clenching. Lotor must have seen it, because he let out a soft scoff.

"You don't honestly think you can fight me, do you?" He lay a tentative hand on Keith's back, his face twisted in curiosity, and obviously trying to see how bad it was.

Keith winced visibly and turned around to his his hand away, luckily using his good arm. Everything hurt. He didn't want to move. Lotor's touch had sent shivers up his spine like nothing else could, no matter how light it had been.

"Don't touch me," he snarled.

Lotor raised a brow, not really surprised by his reaction. "You're a fool, Yorak," he spoke. "You were a fool to let the rebels escape. You were a fool to let the thief go. You were a fool to cross your father. And most of all, you are a fool to cross me." 

He turned around and walked out, but not before pressing his full hand hard on Keith's back, making him gasp for air as the pain swallowed him once more. He was left panting and shivering, hungry and tired, alone an office stacked with work.

However, it wasn't long until a sharp, hoarse screech came from the distance, and in a few seconds, bright blue feathers flew across the half open balcony doors. Blue obediently released a letter right on the pile of work before gracefully landing on the desk, not paying attention to Keith as she stretched out one of her wings to clean her multi-colored feathers.

Earlier that afternoon, she'd been accompanying her human after he'd shared part of his dinner with her. He'd looked kinda down for reasons that escaped her knowledge, but she'd guessed it had to do so something with his human mate. She could feel it, just like Lance knew when she was sick, moody or longing to play. 

They had a bond she considered stronger than most, the other hawks and falcons in the royal mews seemed to serve their humans as masters. She didn't like that. Lance, however, treated her differently, as if she was part of his nest. Trying to comfort him, she plucked one of her longest feathers and gifted It to him as a sign of appreciation, to which the tanned hunter seemed to lit up and thank cheerfully. 

After that he'd taken a big sheet of paper, some hand-made ink that smelled like blueberries and started writing. She could see it wasn't perfect writing, it had a few studs here and there due to him not writing much outside his personal diary, but he'd tried to keep it as clean and well lined as possible - and added hearts to every single one of his 'i'es -. Blue rolled her eyes at this, but of course her human didn't notice.