I'm Making My Father Proud

At the end of the afternoon, Keith was sweating all over and extremely sore, but in a good way. It had been extremely rewarding to train so hard. And even though he had still not really beaten Shiro, he'd come closer than ever before.

He thanked Shiro and walked back to his own room to take a long bath. That felt good. While the hot water soothed his aching muscles he thought about what Shiro had said. A vacation.

Even if his father let him leave for a short period before the wedding, what would he even do? Would he lie on the beach and sip drinks while his guards stood watch?
He chuckled at the thought. Nah, that was not for him.

Maybe he could just camp out in the forest for a while. Maybe he could even convince his father to let him go with just one guard. He could take Shiro. Or maybe that other boy, Lance. That could be fun. Perhaps.

But his father wouldn't let them go without some sort of purpose. Maybe Keith could convince him to let him check out the dangers in the forest. They still didn't know who had attacked him. He got out and quickly dressed. Uhg, dinner was almost ready. Great.

The strange weather continued it's course, but luckly the hunter had spent most of his day at home, updating his mother on everything that'd been going on... What, the last twelve years?

He was still amazed by how she'd continued her daily activities, such as cooking or sewing, like nothing had ever happened. Like she hadn't been on a weird paralysis the past decade.

So in the winter morning they went to the market, visited family friends and Lance took the chance to introduce her to Blue, his loyal companion all these years.

As afternoon came he changed into his uniform and headed to hunt for the king once again, or rather prince. Normally other hunter would be in charge of wondering in the depths of the woods in search of an animal worth giving to royalty, but prince Lotor had seemed to notice his interest towards his servant, and had charged him to hunt for him for the rest of his stay.
Lance wondered if the prince could order him around since technically he wasn't his prince, but he knew the consequences if he didn't obey.

After his routine of skinning the quarry so Hunk and the rest of the cook could do their jobs, he quickly ate something before heading to the dining room, where the royal families starting to appear.

Keith really tried not to postpone heading to dinner this time. But every second he didn't have to look at that stupid prince's smug face was like heaven compared to what was to come.
He didn't arrive late this time, though. He made sure to be there exactly when the bell signalled eight o clock, when he was expected to attend dinner.

He sat down after bowing to his father and the queen, purposely not paying Lotor the same respect. That boy could suffocate in his own blood as far as Keith cared.

As long as no one brought up the marriage, he would be fine. Lance was also there, he saw.
That boy must have seen what had happened yesterday. Now he knew how weak Keith was. Great.

The first course was served, and he quietly started to eat. His father was conversing with the Queen in low voices, and Lotor stayed silent, for now. That would change soon, Keith knew. Just you wait. Don't look at him, don't provoke him. Just stay silent.

Lance watched them eat from the side of the room, sepulchral silent as usual.
He glanced at his left, where Hunk stood between him and the beautiful blond girl he'd been talking to these past days. Not that he actually liked her, but the way her master treated her made him sick to the stomach. It caused him to instantly drop compliments and low effort flirting in hopes to make her smile at least once.