The Slings And Arrows Of Outrageous Fortune

Deep deep asleep, a rather unpleasant memory flashed through his mind. Lance had felt the pair of lips clashing against his own with force, carelessly. He couldn't help backing away and slightly, pushing off the person in front of him. He was perplexed. It'd taken him so off guard that it'd made him uncomfortable. 

"Uh- wh-what a-" He was hushed by the voice before the lips were forced in his own again, gaining a stronger response from Lance. "Stop! I'm saying no.. Why do you always have to make everything so sexual?" He took the arms off his neck, moving the person off his lap to get up. "What, just because I'm a man I have to be horny all the time? To always want it?"

"Christ, you're so dramatic, Leandro," the female voice replied annoyed, rolling her eyes like she'd done nothing wrong.

"No, I'm for real. Every time I try to spend some time with you, to get to know you, to try opening up to you, to vent for a little, to rely on you or just have someone to even listen to me for once, you brush it off like it's nothing. Like my feelings don't matter. Like I'm just here to please you. Being a dude doesn't mean I'm made of stone, Luka. My thoughts and emotions are as valid as yours, you know?"

"Geez. They really were right about how complicated dealing with you was," she sighed. "Look, Leandro, I'd love to snap my fingers and fix all your problems and heal your mama and whatnot, but I can't. Constantly complaining and rambling about how depressing your life is won't make it any different, and it sure is making me tired. I'm not your fairy godmother. We all have shit to deal with. What you need, perhaps, is to grow up for once."

Lance fell silent.

To his teenager eyes, the older girl's words rained upon him like rocks. Was he... Being childish right now? Maybe? I mean, who here knew better about life? Was his voice really that unimportant? She was slightly older. She probably had way more important things to worry about than some younger, less wealthy boy in her village. Plus, she was right. Complaining wouldn't make her mom be any better, or his economic state to improve, or whatever he always came up with. Saying it like that really did make him sound like an attention seeker... Wasn't he though? He was in constant crave for attention from someone else. He didn't care who it was.

He looked down in shame, lips thin in a restrained line, when the girl sighed. "I can't make them disappear, but I can make you forget. We'll have such a good time you won't have time to think about anything else." She grinned, turning her face to the door. "Or... You could always leave. I won't restrain you here." 

Leave? Go back home to face his own reality again? To face his mom? His father? His father... Wouldn't be happy with his attitude. He'd tell him to man up, like always. 

He didn't want to leave. -"Wait-" he pursed his lips, slowly sitting next to her again. "...Sorry, that was stupid, and ungrateful. I won't rant again. So... Can I... Stay with you?"
The chestnut haired girl grinned, leaning towards his lips a third time.
And this time, Lance didn't complain.

The next morning the brunette woke up slightly sooner, the bad memory lingering in his mind. He shouldn't have allowed that girl... Or anyone else, to treat him like that. But he didn't know any better at that time. He glanced at his still sleeping boyfriend. Keith had also treated him badly at first, but it was superficial and built in abuse. Deep down Keith had never been a bad person, despite the tough situation he was in. That made him truly remarkable, different from the rest. 

He smiled at his angelic sleeping face lovingly before carefully moving away, silently getting up and dressing up. All of the fever's effects were gone. He felt refreshed, so he could work. Right? Staying home... Was something he really couldn't do. He'd spent enough time doing nothing. And he wasn't a workaholic, because he didn't have a choice. Right? He didn't want Keith getting exposed to danger for him.