Please Save Me From My Own Stupidity

"We should probably agree on a story for our trip," he spoke, mostly to change the subject. "I must inform my father about the rebels with as much details as I can remember, but I don't want to accidentally let something slip about us."

That would be horrific, spilling everything about Lance on their first night back. Yeah, that couldn't happen.

"Oh, right, makes sense. I must report it to Commander Shiro as wel," Lance agreed, making a grimace at the thought of the king finding out through his own son that he was dating a servant. That wouldn't end well.

He took a moment to think what they needed to change or skip, realizing more than half of their trip had been non conventional moments.

"Alright. For starter we never slept together. In both ways," he pointed out. "The second day I guarded the door from the inn outside, and the third day... The blizzard never happened, you slept in the tent. Both of us got kidnapped."

If the king found out he was useless as Keith's protector he'd get straight up killed. The hunter couldn't help but shiver at the memory of him not being good enough.

"But we managed to escape and... hurt some of them...? But we couldn't take the bodies because... we had to escape quickly, on our horses. I guess we never went to the market, never bought you those pencils and we never participated in the maypole dance. I think that's good enough, unless I'm missing something. Oh, and you never used my clothes...?"

He pursed his lips. It somehow felt like he was erasing all of their special memories, precious memories that he'd keep forever. He didn't like it.

"What we know about the Blades is their number of members, their tactics, how they act, how they fight and what they want. We know what they look like, how and where to find them, and we even know a few names. All of that is crucial information. " Especially since they ment to kill the King.

"I'm sure King Zarkon will value it. Enough information... to get rid of them for once and for all." His tone came lower and he averted his gaze.

Let's be honest, The Blades wanted what everyone wanted, what his entire village wanted, what Lance wanted; Justice. It was unfair to go after them, and if it was Lance's choice he'd let them finish the king.
But it wasn't his choice, and it wasn't his father.

Keith looked down, trying to remember it all. So much had happened in the last three days, it felt like centuries had passed.

They'd attended a festival, found the blades, fought their way out, nearly frozen to death, somehow survived, and most importantly, Keith had opened up to someone. And they'd slept together, in both ways.

Keith had fallen in love, and that was something that would never go away, he knew deep inside. No matter what happened, his feelings for Lance wouldn't change.

"It's always easier to lie if there's an element of truth," he spoke from experience. The few times he had lied to his father, the king had mostly seen through him, and that.. That was worse than just telling the truth.

But once or twice he had succeeded, and that was by just tweaking the story a little to save someone from punishment.

"I will tell him about the festival, that we attended it to search for the rebels. We did, kind of." He smiled softly. That day had been one of his favourites, just running through town with Lance, enjoying himself for what might have been the first time in years.

"I will tell him about the storm, but we found shelter somewhere and waited for it to pass. I will avoid the nearly dying part. Don't think he'd appreciate that." Keith chuckled to himself.