How To Be A Whore

Once night arrived and stars glittered the sky along the new moon, the brunette did his usual procedure of changing his clothes into darker ones to blend with the castle and waited for the right guard's shift to start climbing.

He would've lied if he said he wasn't physically and mentally tired, his energy drained by Lotor's extra commands those past few days, his skin bruised as the result of a boar dragging him through the ground. He felt heavier than usual - product of his arms being overworked - and there were a few times he thought he would fall the tallest tower or wouldn't reach the top.

But he was moved by his longing to see his lover once again. This time, he wouldn't have to chain him before leaving, wouldn't feel his heart tighten in his chest and stress all day over the condition his prince could be in. Things would finally be ok, the world would finally have mercy on them.

By the time he reached the balcony he felt exhausted, panting lightly as his feet finally touched the floor again. He felt his arms could literally fall off, but the climb was worth every second.

He lowered his mask, peeked in and slowly stepped in the dark room, his blue eyes trying hard to catch any glimpse of his lover with such lack of light. The inner anxious part of him made him stay alert, uneasy of the ambush  that could take place any day if they ever found out of his night visits.

Keith had been waiting for him ever since dinner, too anxious to step out of his room for even a second. He skipped his evening bath and just sat down on the small table, to draw to his hearts content.

He'd won. The thought wouldn't leave his mind. For the first time in his life, he was actually drawing himself. Something small, of course. Not like the millions of Lances which filled the previous pages. No, he'd drawn himself smiling softly, finally fully happy with his life. He'd get there, eventually.

When a soft scuffling from outside pierced his ears, he stood up and extinguished his lamp. Lance was almost there.

Oh how Keith wanted to wrap him in his arms, tell him all about what he'd done. Well, Lance had been there, of course. But still, he'd love to tell him again.

He snuck into the shadows beside the balcony and watched as the mysterious thief stepped into his room. The other man hadn't taken two steps before Keith swept in and wrapped his arms around him from behind, hoping to surprise him.

At Lance's reaction, he giggled as quietly as he could. Even though there was no one on this floor, the chance of guards passing by was too big to take such a risk as making too much sound.

"Did you see me?" he asked excitedly, as the soft smell Lance always carried filled his nostrils, forest and leather and something sweet. "Did you see me at dinner? I was.." He sighed contently.

"I finally did it. I stood up to Lotor, as you asked." Lance was so comfortable, but eventually let him go, so the boy could turn around and look at him. He missed those eyes.

The tan boy took a moment to relax again, the surprise hug having made him yelp quietly and shake a little, sighing deeply at his prince's heartwarming giggle afterwards.

Hell, he'd fallen for the same trick twice - first time being the one he'd first visited Keith and had almost gotten hit with an iron poker -, he should've known already, or at least expect it.

He let himself stew on the feeling of that hug and his lover's arms, the gentle sound of his voice and such joyful tone that came with it, softly smiling along.

As he turned around he lowered his hoodie, took a brief moment to process Keith wasn't chained anymore but happily stood next to the moonless sky instead and took his waist, lifting him and spinning with him over and over, softly laughing along before putting him back down.